Author Topic: John Shiels (variants Sheils, Shields)  (Read 382 times)

Offline krytines

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Shiels (variants Sheils, Shields)
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 25 May 17 18:17 BST (UK) »
Hi Aghadowey!   I did as suggested and poured over the 1911 and 1921 Census those are the only two that John and his wives Mitilda (Watton) and Mary(Betts)  would have been on and I cannot find them. I am totally at a loss with this.  There are so many discrepencies with my Great Grandfather John Shields it isn't funny.  Different dates of birth and even a different place of birth on his last marriage to Mary Betts it lists his place of birth as Renfrewshire Scotland!  I have been collecting anything I can find on him for the past five years and I have collected a few:  2 Marriage Certificates, 1 Death Certificate, 1 Passenger List, 1 Obituary in the newspaper and a picture of his tombstone in the Vineland Ontario Canada Cemetery.  I have census from Scotland after he married Matilda Watton in 1877 and they moved to Greenock Scotland.  There seems to be a lot of travel between Scotland and Ireland for my shields family.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.