Author Topic: James McDonnell(b. c1881) / Mary McAuley(b. c1888) Antrim.  (Read 940 times)

Offline paulauramcg

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
James McDonnell(b. c1881) / Mary McAuley(b. c1888) Antrim.
« on: Thursday 25 May 17 15:42 BST (UK) »
I'm new to the site, researching my maternal gr grandparents James McDonnell (b. abt 1881 Antrim) parents Patrick McDonnell and Ellen McKeegan and Mary McAuley (b. abt 1888 Antrim) parents James McAuley and Helen Devine.

Other names in the line are: McNaughton, Darragh,McKeegan,Mccollum,McKillop.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Re: McAuley Family
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 25 May 17 16:14 BST (UK) »
I'm new to the site, researching my maternal gr grandparents James McDonnell (b. abt 1881 Antrim) parents Patrick McDonnell and Ellen McKeegan and Mary McAuley (b. abt 1888 Antrim) parents James McAuley and Helen Devine.
Other names in the line are: McNaughton, Darragh,McKeegan,Mccollum,McKillop..

Looks like this might be your Mary (McAuley) McDonnell died in New York but born c1891?
(Mary's death) https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:2WBD-BYS

In Ireland her mother was more likely to be Ellen rather than Helen.
(Mary's marriage) https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:243V-YKY (born c1887)
If you click on 'report to moderator' this topic can be split so it won't get overlooked.

Patrick McDonnell & Ellen McKeegan got married in 1865-
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:FGDX-L7C

There will be lots more information online (census records, parish registers, vital records, etc.) but you need to let us know what details you have and what you are looking for.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline paulauramcg

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 25 May 17 17:00 BST (UK) »
Yes, thank you, I have found these documents. I probably should have been more specific but in my excitement to finding this site I quickly posted basic info, really appreciate your responding. Overall I'd love to connect to family in my lines but I'm focused on finding my elusive Gr Grandmother Helen (Ellen) Devine. I've been working with Ancestry.com for a number of years and have recently ventured into Family Search and other sites but I am not nearly as familiar with formats outside of Ancestry. Any guidance is greatly appreciated. 

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 25 May 17 18:11 BST (UK) »
To find information on Ellen (Devine) McAuley you need to know where the family lived (townland)- census records (1901 and 1911), church registers & civil records all depend on a location.

If Mary McAuley was unmarried when she went to the States the passenger manifest might give details of nearest relative in U.K.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline meaganmccauley

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: James McDonnell(b. c1881) / Mary McAuley(b. c1888) Antrim.
« Reply #4 on: Friday 13 October 17 02:07 BST (UK) »
Hello,
I am new today to this site.
I see you have a James McAuley, and the name McKillop on your page.
I am looking for family so I can get back farther in my family line.   
A DNA cousin helped get my great grandparents marriage certificate out of Northern Ireland.
My great grandparents are James McAuley b. About 1861, and Hannah McKillop. Marriage took place in the 3rd Presbyterian church in Portglenone, Antrim, Ireland , 14th July, 1881.. James was a weaver, as was Hannah's father, James McKillop. John McAuley, father of James was a shoemaker. The witness were McMeekin, and Bell. Hannah's mother was a McMeekin. I dont know anymore about my great grandfathers family. He and Hannah moved to Oregon , USA. Her family (Hannah was one of ant 14 kids. Her brother Archie died in a log jam in the river, in Salem. She had a brother William ( I know is buried in Scot Mills, Or. The Mckillops lived in Scott'sMills/Silverton/Salem, Oregon towns. James died in Portland in 1906 of consumption. Hannah died earlier in West Salem.  I'm hoping you or someone out there may know more? Or this way help you too...