Author Topic: General Request  (Read 2309 times)

Online dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scarcliffe village Derbyshire
    • View Profile
Re: General Request
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 28 May 17 19:59 BST (UK) »
I understand what Guy means, slightly off topic, but is good example, I was stood first at the stand at the older type outdoor bus station where stands are in rows, my stand was at the end of the row, one bus had missed, with a long queue forming, a late arrival to the stand in the row just outside, was an old lady with difficulty walking had a stick stood just outside the bus row at the top of the queue, I said there are some vacant seats further down if you want to sit, and in a sharp angry voice she said mind my own business-go away. When the bus came, (it all became clear of her intentions) it emptied passengers, then the lady waving her stick, shouting get out of the way pushing her way to be first on the bus and I got a right old side whack from her stick as I got her body language alright, ;D and hence the reason she did not want to sit on a seat in the bus station row.

Therefore can be a two way affair of maybe judgment or misunderstanding on both sides of interpretation of info's

Moral is- things are not always what they seem too be.

What I hate is when limited info is given on a first post in a thread, one finds some info after a long search based from that limited given first post only to be told they have that info and only then start reveling what information they really have.

Sorry pressed wrong tab editing
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Any transcription of information does not identify or prove anything.
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth