Author Topic: Do you have a male relative born c1883 Surrey, with no history before 1891?  (Read 709 times)

Offline James18

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
A strange thread, I know, but I am trying to find out what became of someone on one of my family trees, and at this point all I can think of is to try to work backwards.

Do you have a male on your family tree who was likely born c1880s in Surrey or the surrounding areas, but for whom you have nothing for or prior to the 1891 census? Is there someone you've never been quite sure of, whose history just seems to appear out of nowhere at some point after 1891? Perhaps someone with what appears to be a fictitious name or background you cannot match up with other available information. Do you have someone from the Surrey area with 1901 and 1911 censuses, but without a matching birth registration, and a big hole in their records before 1901?

If this sounds familiar, please give this thread a read-through and see if it's possible we have the same man: http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=746403.msg5938659

A long shot, granted, but you never know...
Eighteen -- Hadleigh, Suffolk; Reading, Berkshire
Hendry -- Ballymena, Antrim; Glasgow, Lanarkshire
Wylie -- Ballymena, Antrim; Glasgow, Lanarkshire