Author Topic: Antoine Allar/Allart - Huguenot help please!  (Read 905 times)

Offline xxxxx78678

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Antoine Allar/Allart - Huguenot help please!
« on: Saturday 27 May 17 05:17 BST (UK) »
Some records I have:

• Guillaume Allar (male) christened Feb 24 1706 - Threadneedle Street French Huguenot, London, London, England (Guillaume/William- this guy is my direct line. I'm aware he has siblings)
    Parents Anton and Marie Allar
  • Antony Allar and Mary Lord married Nov 2, 1703 in Middlesex, England

I am looking for information on Antony/Anton/Antoine, and where he came from. It's pretty clear to me that he married Mary Lord, who was not a Huguenot. Which is pretty cool!

I believe he had a brother named Isaac and it is possible that they moved to England together from France. Their parents may be named Jacques and Madeline (Beste). If anyone can prove this that would be greatly appreciated! I've hit a dead end. I'd love to know where Antoine came from and his refuge story.

Thanks in advance

Offline xxxxx78678

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Antoine Allar/Allart - Huguenot help please!
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 27 May 17 06:12 BST (UK) »
Update:

I've found some further information which has done nothing but confuse me more! ;D So is the nature of family trees!

I don't have a lot of access to records, which is why I am here obviously.

I have found the following information found on a different forum:

• Guillaume Allar baptised in Huguenot & Waloon Church, Canterbury on 11th March 1664, parents Guillaume Allar and Jean Soteau.
  • Guillaume Allar (son of Phillipe Allar of Belgium) and Jeanne/Jean Soteau/Choteau (daughter of Thomas Soteau of Chelle near Paris) married July 16th 1653, Canterbury church marriage register

So my question is, who were Antoine's parents?

I can't find any records of the names of Antony/Antoine's parents on the Allar/Lord marriage on Nov 2 1703.

Help  :) :)

Offline dcbnwh

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 27 May 17 11:25 BST (UK) »
There is a previous discussion on this topic - http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=689723.0

David

Offline ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 27 May 17 12:49 BST (UK) »
Hello
There is a burial for Anthony at St Dunstan's Stepney
Anthony Allar died this Sunday buried Monday 2nd Nov 1741 of Bethnal Green weaver of fever age 63years.
So he was born 1678.

There's an Isaac Allard baptised at Threadneedle st 4.5.1684 s of Guilliame Allard and Elaine Poueler
They have a daughter Jenne also there 28.11.1680.
Other Allar's are Guillaime and Marie Boyel -children Jenne 15.7.1688 and Marie    26.9.1686,Margareitte  4.9.1692(Guilliame only),Marie Anne 1.10.1693
                        Nicholas Allard  and Marte Deverme-Marie 17.9.1668,Jacques 4.2 1676 and Jean       23.2.1678,Charles 1.2.1684

At Canterbury Guillaime and Margurite-Lea 15/16.7.1676
                     Isaac and Judith Six -Isaac 10.6.1701

There are three marriage Isaac and Elizabet Vivier Westminster the Strand  24.6.1688,Elias and Mary Begrave Stepney 25.6.1703 and William and Helene Schovele at Canterbury 27.9.1677.

There is a Will for a Mary Allar of 1742 on Ancestry of Bethnal Green who may be Anthony's widow dividing her belongings between her children William,James,Mary and Sarah.
Her burial at Stepney 31.5.1742 gives her as a widow of Bethnal Green who died of Dropsey age 63.

The Threadneedle church admittance has the following

Antoine Alard - admitted on testimony from the Church at Canterbury 31 Dec 1704
Guilliaum Allard and his wife - admitted on testimony from the church at Leide 4 Apr 1674
Isaac Alaar and wife - admitted on testimony from the Church at Canterbury 30 Sept 1705

And Anthony  was godparent to the Isaac son of Isaac and Judith Six at Canterbury 15.6.1701
Their marriage
12 Jul 1696 Isaac Alard son of Jacque Alard and the late Madelaine Bet, native of Picardy, and Judith Six, daughter of the late Abraham Six and the late Elisabet Le Keuch, native of Canterbury.  Promise of Marriage.  Married 20 August 1696 at the church.

Apparently there is a Anthony s of Jacque Alllart and Madelaine Beste born in Picardy in 25 Sept 1677
Brother Isaac 28.1.1673,Elie 21.11.1674 Belleuse 80 France.

http://www.roelly.org/~pro_picards/prop/pag52.html#42

Is the website I found them on so take a look and see what you think.

Ciderdrinker

Offline xxxxx78678

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 28 May 17 00:48 BST (UK) »
Apparently there is a Anthony s of Jacque Alllart and Madelaine Beste born in Picardy in 25 Sept 1677
Brother Isaac 28.1.1673,Elie 21.11.1674 Belleuse 80 France.

http://www.roelly.org/~pro_picards/prop/pag52.html#42

Is the website I found them on so take a look and see what you think.

Ciderdrinker

Thank you SO much Ciderdrinker! Your reply has helped me greatly! Many, many thanks!

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 28 May 17 01:36 BST (UK) »
Thank you SO much Ciderdrinker! Your reply has helped me greatly! Many, many thanks!

I would suggest you read the thread that dcbnwh linked to in reply #3 (http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=689723.0) as it includes both Ciderdrinker's and my posts on the subject which Ciderdrinker has summarised on this thread.  It also explains why they are likely to be correct.
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Offline Wazza

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 08 December 19 10:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi Tassiedevil97,

I am in Australia as well. Also descended from Antoine Allar/Allart.
Antoine is from Belleuse, Picardie, The Somme, France.
If you contact me privately I will be more than happy to provide you with all the information I hold.