Author Topic: Liverpool Newspapers circa 1909  (Read 2260 times)

Offline josephinemary

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Liverpool Newspapers circa 1909
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 27 May 17 20:45 BST (UK) »
Buried in Everton Cemetery and Church of England. Have looked again at GRO and it might be that another child was born between 1901 and 1911. Best to send for death certs of the two that we think are the ones.
Brown.Allen.Cobb.Bradshaw.Platts.Shaw.Hawcroft.Rollinson.Bowering.Rawlinson.Crayton.Boardman.
Census Information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.co.uk

Offline Blue70

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 27 May 17 21:24 BST (UK) »
Have passed on your messages and my cousin is going to Record Office. Mother was Dodd.  Parents William J White & Harriet Dodd?Very many thanks.

No I was asking were the parents called William J White and Harriet? In 1901 in Liverpool two men called White married two women called Dodd so the children could be the children of either:-

Moses White & Mary Dodd - married at St Anne, Aigburth

or

William J White & Harriet Dodd - married at St Ambrose, Everton on 14 April 1901

I've been looking at council cemetery burial registers for the burial records for the children but haven't been able to access Everton for 1909 so was thinking they might be from the Everton district hence my thinking their parents might have been William J White & Harriet Dodd? If so the address they were living at the time might be useful. If this is the right family then this is their marriage:-

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QS7-99L9-Q7YG?mode=g&i=637&cat=552465

Blue

Offline Blue70

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 27 May 17 21:30 BST (UK) »
Elsie White born in 1902 with mother called Dodd was daughter of Moses & Mary so if William J and Harriet are the right parents then Elsie can be discounted. Here is Elsie's baptism:-

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:J9BC-M1M

Blue

Offline Blue70

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 27 May 17 22:03 BST (UK) »
Moses and Mary had a daughter called Freda in 1910. I think there are four White/Dodd children born prior to the 1911 Census. I think each couple had two children each. I think it was the two children of William J White and Harriet Dodd who died in 1909.

Blue

Offline josephinemary

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 28 May 17 11:31 BST (UK) »
You are correct Blue.
Have now traced the two families.
Moses Henry White born Gilling in Yorkshire married 27 Jan 1901 • Aigburth, Liverpool, Lancashire, England Mary Dodd. They had Elsie 1902-1909 and Freda 1910.
William J White & Harriet Dodd - married at St Ambrose, Everton on 14 April 1901. They had
Margaret Ann 1904-1909 and Henrietta 1906-1909. Glad that is sorted with your help. Many thanks.
Of course I cannot help tracking Moses and Mary to see if they are related to my William J and Harriet.
Does this ever end? Great fun though.

Brown.Allen.Cobb.Bradshaw.Platts.Shaw.Hawcroft.Rollinson.Bowering.Rawlinson.Crayton.Boardman.

Offline Blue70

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 28 May 17 13:35 BST (UK) »
It's great when you can find things, frustrating when nothing seems to be out there. The inquest register might be the best option here rather than death certificates. It will save money. You can get the same sort of information by visiting the Record Office next time you or your cousin go to town and spend some time looking through the microfiche for that quarter of 1909.

Blue 

Offline Blue70

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 28 May 17 18:36 BST (UK) »
This is the item/roll you want for Liverpool Coroner Inquest Register for deaths in 1909:-

http://archive.liverpool.gov.uk/calmview/Record.aspx?src=CalmView.Catalog&id=M347+COR%2fL%2f1%2f4&pos=33

Blue

Offline brigidmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Computer incompetent but stiil trying
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 31 May 17 04:39 BST (UK) »
You may find an article in national papers ..some rooters found a Liverpool story in papers from all over world but I've not yet seen any Liverpool ones

Shall I include the link to that story ?

Can you get someone to do a general search . surprisingly Australia site trove has an amazing collection of British newspaper s because the ex patriots wanted to keep in touch with home land .so worth posting on a general board ..good luck
Roberts,Fellman.Macdermid smith jones,Bloch,Irvine,Hallis Stevenson

Offline josephinemary

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 31 May 17 08:15 BST (UK) »
Yes please, brigidmac, do include the link to the story as all avenues are worth pursuing. Will post an up date when my cousin has found anything more.
Regards, Josie

Do not know how to post a link. Please advice.