Author Topic: John Davies Tregeiriog, Denbighshire Wales (Parish of Llanarmon Dyffryn Ceiriog)  (Read 5403 times)

Offline Joanne1969

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ps just looked at the distance on the map from Llan DC to  Llansilin only 20 mins apart - making a little more sense now ;D

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Throwing these in based on  info that Roger and I have found:

Evan Davies  and poss Sarah Jones, Mar Q 1859, Corwen, 11b p 596
 .....................and poss Sarah Matthews Jun Q 1859, Corwen 11b, p 746

Mary Ann Davies reg Corwen RD March Q 1869 mmn Jones

If John was born Llansilin (and grew up in Tregeiriog), the Reg District would be Oswestry and lots of John Davies there! 

Rhiwlas is very close also - my 2Xgranddad was a farm labourer around there and was always hopping around various villages!  Very mountainous - it's the Berwyns  ;D

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
The Matthews alternative looks plausible.There is an 1859 Llanarmon marriage for Evan Davies,father David,marrying Sarah Matthews,father Thomas.
I have a feeling somewhere in the search I came across a Davies/Matthews household record,though it was not obviously connected at the time-I'll see if  I can find it again.

Regards
Roger

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
The record was for Evan Davies,1871 census,at RG10/5652/150/26.He is gven as born Glynceiriog,Llangollen.His wife is not with him,but he has a daughter Sarah,given born 1868.
Staying with him is Rowland Matthews,given born 1835.There is an 1841 census at HO107/1400/17/15/9 with Rowland who has a sister Sarah given born 1839,and a father Thomas.Just can't make my mind up whether this feels right.

Regards
Roger

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
I think I saw it too, Roger. In Cefn Mawr -- poss King street - but the names didn't fit!  This from memory of going through many records!
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Don't want to plough through treacle again but if I recall correctly the children were born Chirk and they didn't fit the timescales  :-\

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Found the full details again now. I did recall correctly  ;D

While I can accept that the daughter Sarah could be recorded both with her father and with her uncle/grandparents, I think the fact that the daughters are down as being born Chirk was my main reason for rejecting the record when I saw it.

Gadget

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Reg for a Sarah DAvies Sept Q, 1867, Corwen - mother Matthews

So someone might well have put born Chirk when they were born Glyn!

Others need checking against the GRO - will try with this slow machine!

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Reg for an Ellin Davies March Q, 1862, Corwen - mother Matthews