Author Topic: Brieryhurst and Kidsgrove in the 1881 Census  (Read 1118 times)

Offline Mercian7

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Brieryhurst and Kidsgrove in the 1881 Census
« on: Sunday 28 May 17 13:06 BST (UK) »
Hi

Does anyone know where Brieryhurst and Kidsgrove come under in the 1881 Census for Staffordshire? I do not find either in the town list on Ancestry for this census and yet there seems to be no missing parts of the 1881 Census recorded except one small place elsewhere  in the country. Can anyone help?

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Brieryhurst and Kidsgrove in the 1881 Census
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 28 May 17 13:55 BST (UK) »
As far as Kidsgrove is concerned it comes under Wolstanton Staffordshire.See Wolstanton>Tunstall>Kidsgrove>District3.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Mercian7

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Brieryhurst and Kidsgrove in the 1881 Census
« Reply #2 on: Monday 29 May 17 09:40 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much William. By using the info you have given I have looked at district 3 and also found district 5 covers Brieryhurst. Unfortunately the family I am searching for was not there. However I have now found they moved to Methley in Yorkshire by 1881. As the father John Potts was a miner I suspect he moved to work at a mine near Methley. Thank you for all your help.
John