Author Topic: Missing / mystery location near Hatfield Chase / Thorne / Isle of Axholme  (Read 7761 times)

Offline jess5athome

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad,20/10/1934 - 27/07/2016
    • View Profile
Re: Missing / mystery location near Hatfield Chase / Thorne / Isle of Axholme
« Reply #36 on: Thursday 03 August 17 23:39 BST (UK) »
I can't get my book in the scanner so I have taken a photograph, courtesy of and with full acknowledgement to Martin Taylor and the book "Thorne Mere and the old river Don".

Frank.................... Time for bed.

Ramsey Ridsdale Ridgway Kempen Knight Harrison Denby Sisson Graney Spilsbury Wain Hebden Abbott Skinn ........ Yorkshire (Doncaster Goole Snaith Thorne area)Lincolnshire Nottinghamshire The Netherlands

Offline jess5athome

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad,20/10/1934 - 27/07/2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday 12 September 17 17:27 BST (UK) »
Hi, just to update the thread for the OP I went for a drive out to the Black Bull Inn and down Crow Tree Bank road which runs along the side of the pub, about a mile down the road there is a large farm named "Crow Tree Hall" ...........................................

Just a possibility it is where the original "Crowtree's Hall" was situated which was owned by Mynheer van Valkenbroch.

Frank.
Ramsey Ridsdale Ridgway Kempen Knight Harrison Denby Sisson Graney Spilsbury Wain Hebden Abbott Skinn ........ Yorkshire (Doncaster Goole Snaith Thorne area)Lincolnshire Nottinghamshire The Netherlands

Offline angust

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday 19 May 20 10:19 BST (UK) »
This thread came up in a search whilst looking for something else - there are a couple of maps at Kew that show Veruyden's drained areas from 1633 (actually pre-dates the Aerlebout map by 6 years). These maps indicate where houses were built on the levels and I keep meaning to do some more work on them. As you say Abraham' De La Prymes House was where Valkenburgh built his house. I attach an extract from one of the maps showing the levels. Note North is to the left of the map. The Valkenbugh house can be seen just to the right and below the (2) in the middle.