Author Topic: St Kentigerns , RC cemetery.  (Read 1042 times)

Offline illyogden

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
St Kentigerns , RC cemetery.
« on: Monday 29 May 17 15:47 BST (UK) »
Hi all,

Sorry if this isn't the correct format, I'm new to rootschat & genealogy in general.

I'm wondering if anyone can help me with finding a burial area.
My grandmother had a baby girl in 1956 who passed away shortly after birth and as she was gravely ill herself she never knew what happened to her little girl.

Recently my mother and i have been trying to find out what happened to her. I have contacted the Mitchell and have been given the details that she was buried in St kentigerns RC cemetery, however no lair details were given so they have said she would most likely have been buried in the common ground.
Her burial was recorded in the cash books as opposed to in the internment log. 
I am unsure where to go from here.
I am most likely not going to get anymore specifics on her location, however if someone could advise me where the common ground is at st kentigerns, it would be greatly appreciated as i will be making the journey to Glasgow with my mum over the summer to hopefully lay some flowers for my aunt/her sister.

Thank you

Illy

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
Re: St Kentigerns , RC cemetery.
« Reply #1 on: Monday 29 May 17 19:11 BST (UK) »
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline california dreamin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: St Kentigerns , RC cemetery.
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 02 November 17 10:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi illyogden

I too am looking for people I think are buried in 'common ground' at St Kentigerns.  I just wondered if you had found out any more about where this may be.  I've also seen the map of St Kenigerns but it is not very helpful in terms of finding out where the common graves are.

Kind regards
CD