Author Topic: SEAX - are the records no longer free to view?  (Read 1121 times)

Offline jillruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Poppy
    • View Profile
SEAX - are the records no longer free to view?
« on: Monday 29 May 17 18:15 BST (UK) »
Back in 2009 I had a thread on the Essex Board trying to locate a link between my Lincolnshire Ossenbrooks with some Ozibrooks I'd found in Terling, Essex. At the time I was referred by a fellow Rcer to SEAX to look at the original records. Unfortunately, I didn't find that link at the time.

I have just decided to take another look, but the SEAX site now seems to want me to register and subscribe, so am I right in thinking that the records are no longer free to view? If so, what a shame. If not, what am I doing wrong?  ???

Jill
HELP!!!

BATHSHEBA BOOTHROYD bn c. 1802 W. Yorks.

Baptism nowhere to be found. Possibly in a nonconformist church near ALMONDBURY or HUDDERSFIELD.

Offline cuffie81

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: SEAX - are the records no longer free to view?
« Reply #1 on: Monday 29 May 17 18:28 BST (UK) »
Some items are free to view but in general most require a subscription.

If you do some prep beforehand though the daily or weekly access could be good value but it depends on how many records you're looking for.

SEAX - Subscription service
https://secureweb1.essexcc.gov.uk/SeaxPAM/subscriptionservice.aspx

Charges:
1 day (24 hours) - £10.00
1 week (7 days) - £20.00
1 month (30 days) - £30.00
6 months (182 days) - £60.00
1 year (365 days) - £85.00
Anderson Banks Beard Brewer Caves Clarke Clinch Cooling Cuff Denton Gamble Gibson Gunn Hunt Mills Muncey Norris Notzke Reid Robinson Searle Smith Trundle Turner Weedon Wells Wilson

Offline jillruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Poppy
    • View Profile
Re: SEAX - are the records no longer free to view?
« Reply #2 on: Monday 29 May 17 20:03 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the info.

I really wanted to browse as not much to prepare. Its just really part of me being totally stuck with my research in general so going back over old ground. Rather than pay for a fishing expedition, I'll move on to a different branch.

Thanks anyway.
HELP!!!

BATHSHEBA BOOTHROYD bn c. 1802 W. Yorks.

Baptism nowhere to be found. Possibly in a nonconformist church near ALMONDBURY or HUDDERSFIELD.