Author Topic: Barnburgh - Corn Mills  (Read 1962 times)

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad and Fireman at Kings Cross 13.7.1951
    • View Profile
Re: Barnburgh - Corn Mills
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 22 July 17 19:09 BST (UK) »
Hi Redroger. I've searched the online catalogue. I can't find anything. A physical visit might turn up something, but it's a round trip of 600 miles for me. I'm not that keen to find the answer. This is only a secondary issue. Just curiosity. Thanks for the thought.long trip.You could Google Doncaster FHS and ask them.There will most likely be a charge, but a lot less than a 600 mile round trip. Have the same problem since we moved south.
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)

Offline Brownberrie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 27 February 18 17:52 GMT (UK) »
I have been researching the Lockwood family who lived at Mill Farm because one of the daughters of Joseph and Jeannie Lockwood, Chrystabel Marie, married into my family in the late 1920s. Having looked at the 1911 census for the family and seen that Chrystabel had several spinster sisters and no brothers I had assumed that the family had died out with the deaths of the sisters so I am really pleased to read on this thread that there are some descendants of the family as I would really like to know more about Chrystabel.

I realise that this is not exactly the right place to be posting this but as a brand new member I cannot use the private message facility yet.

Offline bolttail

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 27 February 18 19:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi Brownberrie. I can't help you on this one. My ancestors were the Whites, the other family of millers at Barnbrough. You need Bertie's friend. I'm surprised you can't send him a personal message at the moment.

Offline Brownberrie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 27 February 18 19:33 GMT (UK) »
Thanks bolttail. I will try to contact Bertie's friend.

Offline Berties friend

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 27 February 18 19:39 GMT (UK) »
Brownberrie, yes, my parents were actually married by Chrystabel's husband, Rev Maurice Clark, Archdeacon of Madras, in Ealing in 1944. My maternal grandmother was Alice Dora Lockwood (daughter of Joseph's brother Edward)so a first cousin of Chrystabel's. I have researched the Lockwoods for over 50 years and back in the 1980s corresponded with Emmeline, Chrystabel's 2nd eldest sister. She had three children but the other two sisters did not marry. I can tell you a great deal more about them, so let me know what you would like to know.