Author Topic: Help with Information on a Y-Haplogroup  (Read 2477 times)

Offline Duncan Bennie

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Help with Information on a Y-Haplogroup
« on: Thursday 01 June 17 21:19 BST (UK) »
Good day everyone,

I am hoping someone can assist, a distant cousin has had his dna tested by ancestry and he ran the converted raw data through a programme to get the approximated y-haplogroup. The result he got was I2a2a1c1b. We have been struggling to find any information or data in relation to this group.

Any insight or tips on where to look would be much appreciated,

Regards,

Duncan

Online youngtug

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Help with Information on a Y-Haplogroup
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 01 June 17 22:04 BST (UK) »
.http://www.rootschat.com/links/05q2/   
  WILSON;-Wiltshire.
 SOUL;-Gloucestershire.
 SANSUM;-Berkshire-Wiltshire
 BASSON-BASTON;- Berkshire,- Oxfordshire.
 BRIDGES;- Wiltshire.
 DOWDESWELL;-Wiltshire,Gloucestershire
 JORDAN;- Berkshire.
 COX;- Berkshire.
 GOUDY;- Suffolk.
 CHATFIELD;-Sussex-- London
 MORGAN;-Blaenavon-Abersychan
 FISHER;- Berkshire.
 BLOMFIELD-BLOOMFIELD-BLUMFIELD;-Suffolk.
DOVE. Essex-London
YOUNG-Berkshire
ARDEN.
PINEGAR-COLLIER-HUGHES-JEFFERIES-HUNT-MOSS-FRY

Offline Designer Jeans

• RootsChat Veteran
  • We are who we are because they were who they were
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 03 June 17 17:04 BST (UK) »
Hi

I2a2a is also known as I-M223 and there are Facebook and Yahoo groups for both this, and haplogroup I1 which may be of interest.

Happy hunting!
Derbys: Ward, Hopkinson, Bradley, Birds, Clarke, Taylor, Daykin, Gent, Vardy, Cotterill, Stocks, Godber, Dronfield, Charlesworth, Bonsall, Purseglove
Notts: Clarke, Freeman, Kitchen, Allcock, Housley, Swanwick, Berrisford, Farnsworth, Antcliffe
Staffs: Nutt, Bowring
Yorks: Holling, Fish, Kay, Hardy
Lincs: Plummer, Broughton, Wellbourne

Offline RobertCasey

• RootsChat Extra
  • Irish research - specially R-L226 (Dal Cais)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 07 June 17 14:52 BST (UK) »
The haplogroups found in the extremely limited YSNP test at Ancestry.com will only tell where your ancestor was around 5,000 to 10,000 years ago. In your case, Scandinavia or northern central Europe. There are now hundreds (if not several thousand) branches under this branch of mankind that have been discovered in the last four years. I highly recommend that if you are serious about researching this all male line, you should order the 67 marker YSTR test from FTDNA. Based on the YSTR results, you will routinely be predicted to be a haplogroup that is much more recent in time. At that point in time, you could order a SNP pack and may find branches that only test positive for your surname - if you match one of the more prolific lines that had many descendants which increase the numbers of testers that match.
Casey - Tipperary or Clare, Ireland
Kelly - Ireland
Brooks, Bryan, Shelton (2), Harper, Williamson - England
Tucker, Arrington, Stevenson, Shears, Jarvis - England
Hill (2), Reed, Olliff, Jackson, Potter, Cruse, Charlton - England
Davis. Martin, Ellison, Woodward, Alderson - England
Pace - Shropshire, England
Revier - Netherlands
Messer - Germany
Wininger - Switzerland

Offline DavidG02

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 25 August 17 00:41 BST (UK) »
you could order a SNP pack and may find branches that only test positive for your surname - if you match one of the more prolific lines that had many descendants which increase the numbers of testers that match.
I am currently waiting for my 67 test to be updated and arrive. I will take the time to research and analyse this information as best I can.

I am interested in this piece you posted. Can you explain this some more please. :) Is this a further test and what , currently, are the accuracy/feedback on this? Thank you
Genealogy-Its a family thing

Paternal: Gibbins,McNamara, Jenkins, Schumann,  Inwood, Sheehan, Quinlan, Tierney, Cole

Maternal: Munn, Simpson , Brighton, Clayfield, Westmacott, Corbell, Hatherell, Blacksell/Blackstone, Boothey , Muirhead

Son: Bull, Kneebone, Lehmann, Cronin, Fowler, Yates, Biglands, Rix, Carpenter, Pethick, Carrick, Male, London, Jacka, Tilbrook, Scott, Hampshire, Buckley

Brickwalls-   Schumann, Simpson,Westmacott/Wennicot
Scott, Cronin
Gedmatch Kit : T812072

Offline RobertCasey

• RootsChat Extra
  • Irish research - specially R-L226 (Dal Cais)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 25 August 17 06:09 BST (UK) »
you could order a SNP pack and may find branches that only test positive for your surname - if you match one of the more prolific lines that had many descendants which increase the numbers of testers that match.
I am currently waiting for my 67 test to be updated and arrive. I will take the time to research and analyse this information as best I can.

I am interested in this piece you posted. Can you explain this some more please. :) Is this a further test and what , currently, are the accuracy/feedback on this? Thank you

First, you would need let people know the source of your YSNP testing. Ancestry.com, 23andMe, ISOGG, FTDNA have different labels in the long format for the same branch. FTDNA and most haplogroup researchers no longer use the long format (string of alternating characters and numbers). The new format being used is the haplogroup letter followed by the actual name of the YSNP mutation.

Once you get yours results from your 67 marker test, you need to join the I2a haplogroup project and ask for advice by sending an admin an email - or posting on their Activity Feed page for the project (a forum like this one). Bet sure to post your long format and the source of the testing. They will either give you direct advice - or direct you to a different project that is more related with you current results.

https://www.familytreedna.com/my/group-join.aspx?group=I2a

Casey - Tipperary or Clare, Ireland
Kelly - Ireland
Brooks, Bryan, Shelton (2), Harper, Williamson - England
Tucker, Arrington, Stevenson, Shears, Jarvis - England
Hill (2), Reed, Olliff, Jackson, Potter, Cruse, Charlton - England
Davis. Martin, Ellison, Woodward, Alderson - England
Pace - Shropshire, England
Revier - Netherlands
Messer - Germany
Wininger - Switzerland

Offline cardinalcanary

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 14 August 18 21:03 BST (UK) »
I am also  I2a2a1c1b According to the Morley DNA tool based on my Ancestry raw DNA.

Anything you can find out would be interesting. I wonder if your cousin has his test results on GEDmatch so we could compare.

Thanks

Stephen
Carter - Chilbolton, Hampshire
Clarke - Berkhamstead, Herts, Crowle, Lincolnshire
Gosden - Chertsey, Addlestone, Shalford, Wonersh
Aston (Ashton) - Blakeney, Gloucs
Elias - Wales
Miles - Llanelli, Breconshire or Monmouthshire
Howard - Horsell, Woking, Surrey
Sarchet and Le Lechure - Guernsey
Duckham - Plymouth, Devon
Stanyon - Rutland