Author Topic: Comparing two photos: same Vorberg girl?  (Read 1748 times)

Offline hickoryhardscrabble

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Comparing two photos: same Vorberg girl?
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 04 June 17 22:45 BST (UK) »
It was addressed to Anna Carrie Vorberg on S. 12th street, St. Louis but not sent with a stamp. I know Anna lived on S. 12th street in the 1910 census and she was married in 1917, so that gives me a clue that it was sent around that time--and it is clearly marked with Hazel, Helen, and Howard.

I really believe the first communion girl is a Vorberg just based on her features, and the family is small. She has two other girl cousins b 1890 and 1892. Is the general consensus that the first communion picture is older or younger?

Thanks for your help!

Offline Scribble1952

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 11 June 17 01:18 BST (UK) »
A communion dress is sometimes handed down in Famlies From one generation to another.
I would say looking at both pictures the girl in the middle on the first photo and the girl in the communion
dress are the same person.

Offline hickoryhardscrabble

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 13 June 17 00:57 BST (UK) »
Thanks~I thought their faces looked so similar, and my family was sort of betting on it being the same girl, just out of proximity of the photos and so forth. She had two much older half sisters (her mother was married twice), in addition to mother and aunts. And I know they were Catholic (and not everyone in that box of photos was). Thanks to everyone for their thoughts on the topic!