Author Topic: Photo of a grave please - Camberwell New Cemetery  (Read 730 times)

Offline Relsearcher

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Photo of a grave please - Camberwell New Cemetery
« on: Saturday 03 June 17 16:04 BST (UK) »
Hi!  Could I possibly ask a very kind person if they could take a photo and make a note of the MI of a grave for me in Camberwell New Cemetery when next there?

The grave is number 1437, square 39, and is the resting place of Emma Jane Gilder and her husband David Gilder. 

I have emailed and asked for a precise square plan to aid location of the grave but my emails have gone unanswered.  I've never had this problem before when requesting info over years.  I downloaded the Deceased Online grave location map but it was useless as it only highlighted the whole area 39.  I complained and got a refund.

The only plan of the cemetery I can find which shows where square 39 is is online and is by Guardian Angels Touch:

http://www.guardian-angels-touch.co.uk/maps/camberwell-new.gif

Many thanks,

Nina

Offline Florence64

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Photo of a grave please - Camberwell New Cemetery
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 08 June 17 11:43 BST (UK) »
Hello. This cemetery is next to a favourite dog walk so I popped in today while dog walking.
The MI reads
In loving memory of my dear Mother Emma Jane Gilder who fell asleep 9th Dec 1930 Aged 58 years "At Rest."
There is a small stone container for flowers sitting next to the grave which may have once been on it. This simply says MUM.
No mention of David Gilder.
I have tried to attach a couple of photographs but it won't let me. (Seem to remember having this problem before.) If you are interested in them let me know and I will try again....maybe sending them as a private message will work.
Best Wishes
Barbara

Offline Relsearcher

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
COMPLETED - Photo of a grave please - Camberwell New Cemetery
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 08 June 17 11:48 BST (UK) »
Thanks SO much ... PM sent!  Nina

Offline lanercost

• RootsChat Member