Author Topic: Wade, from Moyvore, Co. Westmeath  (Read 2075 times)

Offline DitaF

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Wade, from Moyvore, Co. Westmeath
« on: Monday 05 June 17 04:44 BST (UK) »
Hi All,

I'm new to this page and I'm on the search of several family records. My husband has irish ancestors and I'm gathering information in order to build his family tree.
The father of his great granfather was one of the first to come to Argentina. His name was Michael Wade and was born in 1811 in Moyvore, Co. Westmeath. He was married to Mary Anne Lynch Murray and had 6 kids of which 5 were also born in Moyvore and the last one, here in Argentina.
Currently I'm trying to get the exact date of his birth and in that way, have some info about his parents, as well.

Could you please help me with this? I wasn't able to find any information about him.

Thanks,

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
Re: Wade, from Moyvore, Co. Westmeath
« Reply #1 on: Friday 21 July 17 22:13 BST (UK) »
when was his first child born please
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 21 July 17 23:39 BST (UK) »
Just had a look at the Irish in Argentina
Wade all born Moyvore, arrival 1857
Michael born 1811
Mary Ann Lynch(Wade) 1811
Mary born 1830
Brigid born 1839
Philip 1843
Patrick 1845
Michael 1846
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 22 July 17 14:25 BST (UK) »
Do you have the marriage details for Michael and Mary,when and where did they marry,
also have you seen the baptism records for the children to confirm their ages
going on the information you have given birth date 1811,he was married quite young to have his first child in 1830

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 22 July 17 20:02 BST (UK) »
1855 Argentina Federal census.
Casa De Zotea,
Pilar
Bueno Aires
Maria Waid,single aged 20 years
born Westmeath, 4 years in Argentina
Brigida Waid,is in the same house,aged 16
there is also a Margarita Maguire aged 10 born Westmeath, in the same house she has been there a year, possibly servants
I assume Inquilino means lodger
is there a connection here to your family

Offline DitaF

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 01 October 17 23:49 BST (UK) »
Hi Radcliffe, thanks for your reply and apologies for my late one.
Of all the information you shared, I can tell you that Philip (born in 1843) is my husband's great grandfather. I have several details about his life, but not many about his father, Michael.

The only thing I have on Michael's life, is that he died in 1886 and it's buried at a cementery in a town called Arrecifes, in Buenos Aires Province. I even know that there's a mausoleum for Wade family, but I'm afraid I couldn't get any more details than those.

I did try to search for him at familysearch.org but I couldn't find any record as old as 1811. I also couldn't locate any marriage certificate between Philip and Mary Anne Lynch Murray. My guess is that they married in Ireland, before coming to Argentina...do you know any genealogy society that might have info like that? Or where do you recommend me to keep looking for more info?

Thank you

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 02 October 17 00:27 BST (UK) »
If they were RC the parish register starts 1831
http://registers.nli.ie/parishes/0954

Offline DitaF

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 02 October 17 01:02 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your reply!. Both were married before 1831, since their first child was born in 1830.
Are there any previous records??