Author Topic: Is Mary Cloudsley's father Andrew or Hugh?  (Read 4155 times)

Offline Liviani

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Is Mary Cloudsley's father Andrew or Hugh?
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 21 September 17 01:00 BST (UK) »
Hi Liviani,

I have just been looking at the marriages on one of my own OPRs & I may have a relative of yours on the list  :-\

Cludsley & Welsh... 27 May 1809, Alexander Cludsley & Jean Welsh (Garvock, Kincardine)...Both ITP (In this Parish)

Annie

Hi Annie,

I've had a look at my Cloudsley's and I only appear to have one Alexander Cloudsley. With little information. I've not fully done the branches yet, limited info out there for the time period and all.

The Alexander I have was born 1752 in Maryton to William Cloudsley and Margaret Campbell. He was the brother of my 6x great-grandfather Andrew Cloudsley who married Ann(e) Air.

So he would've been about 57 when this marriage took place. Though not impossible. According to SP there are 18 Alexander Cloudsleys (various spellings) born in Scotland in the OPRs. Most of them around Montrose. There is one born in Garvock in 1764 to a James Cloudsly and Elspet Crol.

At present, unsure. I do think all the Cloudsleys stem from a few that moved here though, but again, too far back to verify for certain.

Jill.

Edit:

Been browsing Cloudsleys on SP and found the following;

Not sure if you've seen this record before Annie?

Cloudsly
Alexander

11/5/1840
tenant at Langleys of Redford in county of Kincardine, spouse of Jean Welsh
Inventory; Ante-Nuptial Articles of Agreement with spouse
Stonehaven Sheriff Court
SC5/41/7

2nd Edit; Found the following link for you regarding this couple you have in your tree. It contains quite a lot of information. http://www.jimlow.com/home/genealogy/webcards/ps01/ps01_407.html

Now interestingly, I have also come across this page before when looking up the Cloudsley name.

Look who this site features; http://www.jimlow.com/home/genealogy/webcards/ps21/ps21_161.html

(This couple are mentioned earlier in this thread).
I do find this layout quite hard to navigate personally however.

3rd Edit; The Ann Addison Evans thing keeps bothering me. I can't help but feel that Hugh Cloudsley and Isobel Addison are very relevant here. I can't place it. It's that discrepancy re Hugh/Andrew on Mary Evans m.s. Cloudsley's death cert.  ??? ??? ???
mtDNA subclade K1b2b. Father's Y-DNA I-S25383
GEDmatch kit; CF7867455
Father's kit; RY1336515
Mother's kit; AF2312865

Kincardineshire
Sheret, Hosie, Valentine, Crow, Beattie, McArthur, Wyllie.
Angus (Forfarshire)
Adam, Valentine, Ewan, Elder, Guild, Kydd, Bradford, Stronner, Gibson, Cloudsley, Evans, Stewart, Stott.
Perthshire
Small, Robertson, Murray, Kennedy, McGregor
Ross & Cromarty
Cameron, Stewart, Grant
Banffshire - Gamrie
Anderson, Massie

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 21 September 17 03:04 BST (UK) »
Liviani...

"Cludsley & Welsh... 27 May 1809, Alexander Cludsley & Jean Welsh (Garvock, Kincardine)...Both ITP (In this Parish)"

They're not my relatives or any connection to me  :D

I remembered your family name & when I saw it on the page of my own relative's baptism I thought I'd let you know just incase it may be of relevance to you.

I was actually doing a double check on that particular page to see if there were any other baptisms which may have been relevant to myself.

Anyway, if you find at a later date it may be yours then I can give you it.

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline Liviani

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 21 September 17 03:06 BST (UK) »
Liviani...

"Cludsley & Welsh... 27 May 1809, Alexander Cludsley & Jean Welsh (Garvock, Kincardine)...Both ITP (In this Parish)"

They're not my relatives or any connection to me  :D

I remembered your family name & when I saw it on the page of my own relative's baptism I thought I'd let you know just incase it may be of relevance to you.

I was actually doing a double check on that particular page to see if there were any other baptisms which may have been relevant to myself.

Anyway, if you find at a later date it may be yours then I can give you it.

Annie

Doh.  ;D  ;D  ;D ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Well.. I totally misread that.

Thanks though for the offer, I'll keep it in mind.  ;D
mtDNA subclade K1b2b. Father's Y-DNA I-S25383
GEDmatch kit; CF7867455
Father's kit; RY1336515
Mother's kit; AF2312865

Kincardineshire
Sheret, Hosie, Valentine, Crow, Beattie, McArthur, Wyllie.
Angus (Forfarshire)
Adam, Valentine, Ewan, Elder, Guild, Kydd, Bradford, Stronner, Gibson, Cloudsley, Evans, Stewart, Stott.
Perthshire
Small, Robertson, Murray, Kennedy, McGregor
Ross & Cromarty
Cameron, Stewart, Grant
Banffshire - Gamrie
Anderson, Massie