Author Topic: Help requested - Browns of Northumberland  (Read 3457 times)

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
Re: Help requested - Browns of Northumberland
« Reply #18 on: Friday 09 June 17 08:44 BST (UK) »
Durham inheritance project has pre 1858 wills available
free to view and free to download these give occupations also baptisms of later generations have fathers occupation included in baptism records,
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline TCosy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 09 June 17 09:45 BST (UK) »
Thanks will continue to trawl through. Thanks for your assistance so far.

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 09 June 17 18:10 BST (UK) »
this book may be of interest to you
Lancelot capability Brown
The Omnipotent magician
1717 1773
by Jane Brown
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 09 June 17 20:03 BST (UK) »
Isabel Brown daughter of Anthony
buried 23rd April 1727
abode Oldtown,Isabell daughter of Anthony Brown

Anthony Brown,of Oldtown
buried June 20th 1727

Offline TCosy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 09 June 17 23:03 BST (UK) »
this book may be of interest to you
Lancelot capability Brown
The Omnipotent magician
1717 1773
by Jane Brown

Have heard of this book and of course Capability Brown but thought as he was not in direct line of my family branch, he could add little. However, as an after thought there may be some snippet of info in the early years that may link.

Have you heard of the book by Joseph Kenneth Brown "History of the Browns of Northumberland Northumbrians All" and do you know where I can get it?

Anthony didn't live long bp:28/2/1691 bu: 20/6/1727   36 Yrs. I guess they were a hard 36 yrs given the times.

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 11 June 17 15:29 BST (UK) »

Have you heard of the book by Joseph Kenneth Brown "History of the Browns of Northumberland Northumbrians All" and do you know where I can get it?

The LDS have a copy and have digitised it.
https://familysearch.org/search/catalog/oclc/866419748?availability=Family%20History%20Library

It looks like its only viewable from a Family History Centre.
https://familysearch.org/locations/  you can search for your nearest one on that page.

Boo

Offline TCosy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 12 June 17 02:56 BST (UK) »
Thanks Tickettyboo,  since my last email I managed to locate the same as you and have located an LDS research site within 1 hr of me so will attend. Have I noticed previous posts by you on other "Look Up Requests" re the Browns of Elsdon / Northumberland?

TCosy

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 12 June 17 03:38 BST (UK) »
Thanks Tickettyboo,  since my last email I managed to locate the same as you and have located an LDS research site within 1 hr of me so will attend. Have I noticed previous posts by you on other "Look Up Requests" re the Browns of Elsdon / Northumberland?

TCosy

I hadn't previously posted to this thread, but I do have a John Brown in my tree who is elusive.
If ever you come across a John Brown, who grew up to be a tailor and  was of an age to be the father of Mary Ann Brown born c 1817, who for many years has resolutely refused to be found in the records prior to her marriage in Northumberland in 1842, I'd be 'very' interested in hearing about him :-)

Hope the book is helpful in your research.

Boo

Offline TCosy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 12 June 17 09:24 BST (UK) »

[/quote]

I hadn't previously posted to this thread, but I do have a John Brown in my tree who is elusive.
If ever you come across a John Brown, who grew up to be a tailor and  was of an age to be the father of Mary Ann Brown born c 1817, who for many years has resolutely refused to be found in the records prior to her marriage in Northumberland in 1842, I'd be 'very' interested in hearing about him :-)

Boo
[/quote]

Book who knows, this searching for clues is like a chicken in a paddock scratching for a flea.

Will keep my eye out. Not sure if you are in my branch of the Browns. My Mary Ann b:1820 d:1839 / F; Thomas Brown bp: 1766 M; Eliz Hedley bp: 1781, that's not to say your not a feeder off the top part of my tree.

Guess John would have been born going on generational theory maybe 25 -30 years before Mary Ann. Born perhaps around 1780?
Will keep my beak close to the ground and if I turn up your worm will let you know and conversely if you find any of mine please advise. Cheers

TCosy