Author Topic: Frederick William Spooner Senior  (Read 2548 times)

Offline RobinRedBreast

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Frederick William Spooner Senior
« Reply #18 on: Monday 12 June 17 14:32 BST (UK) »
I agree that it is unlikely that FWS and Esther ever married, it would be very interesting to see if he named him in his will at all, although he does not appear to have supported Esther after his marriage to Sarah Ann (if that is the correct Esther in the workhouse).

His baptism, 25 Aug 1814, Edenham Lincs, FWS, s/o William (warehouseman) and Catherine of 20 Henry Street, Pentonville, London.

Married by licence at Edenham Lincs, 26 Dec 1811, William Spooner, bachelor from ?Caleton? Street, St Lawrence, London to Catherine Hodgkin, both signed, witnessed by Thos Jenkins Lloyd and Jane Hodgkins.

Jo  :)

Thank you for all the information again,

I would hazard to guess that FWS Senior would not have mentioned FW Junior in his Will. FWS Senior seems to have had quite a few children from what I have seen, with Sarah Ann Jones. Also, on FW Junior's marriage certificate, he put his Father's occupation as: "Linen Draper". It seems that he obviously knew who his father was. But he may not have had much contact with him, and made a guess on his occupation because he had forgotten/ didn't even know what his occupation was. His Wife Sarah Ann, may not have even known about FW Junior, or his children from Sarah Ann.
Also FW Senior, went off to Kent, and was there in the 1871 Census. He died in Kent.
I could not find FW Senior in the 1861 Census though. I'm not sure where he was then.

It seems strange to me that William Spooner married in Lincolnshire, so far away from London. Maybe he was born in Lincolnshire?   :) ;)

Offline jomcd967

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 12 June 17 22:17 BST (UK) »
Hi RobinRedBreast,

FWS and Sarah Ann are at Woodlands Villa, Isleworth in 1861, he has been transcribed as William Frederick and his age as 67, instead of 47, so look for Sarah Ann as hers is correct.

Puplett, Sonnex, Lott, Dunkiss, Hart - London area.
Hudson, Jenner, Dedman - Sussex
Leach, Hopkins, Saunders - Wales
Leach, Lipscombe - Hampshire
Sipthorpe - Lancashire
Walters - Cornawall & Australia
Kingshott, Matheson, Pitt, McDonald, Keogh - Australia.

Offline RobinRedBreast

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 13 June 17 17:01 BST (UK) »
Hi RobinRedBreast,

FWS and Sarah Ann are at Woodlands Villa, Isleworth in 1861, he has been transcribed as William Frederick and his age as 67, instead of 47, so look for Sarah Ann as hers is correct.

Thank you very much once again.

Much obliged. :) ;)