Author Topic: My aunts Maud Paul and Doris Wain(e) confectioners and caterers  (Read 2084 times)

Offline Humphpaul

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
My aunts Maud Paul and Doris Wain(e) confectioners and caterers
« on: Sunday 11 June 17 12:48 BST (UK) »
I have just had a bit in the IoM FH journal about their activities in Castletown and Port Erin. A lady has phoned me to say her mother was at one time with Maud Paul  so it occurs to me that there may be other  people who did confectionary  training who have  similar memories and maybe old photos.

I started this because last summer I was in the library in  Port Erin and found a booklet put out by the Examiner which had an article written by a 2nd. cousin in 1986  in which were laid out some memories of Doris Wain which had been told to my 2nd. cousin. They were mostly about Maud Pauls business in Port Erin.

All very interesting to me and I hope to others. I would like to hear from anyone who can add to this. Cheers Humphpaul
Paul, Humphrey, Vaughan, Lewis, Williams, Parry, Jones, Fairclough, Howard, Allan, Baylis, Wright, Ritson.
Barmouth, Llangellinin, Liverpool, Maryport Cumberland, Port Glasgow, Nercwys (Nerquis), Mold, Gwysaney, Hope, Doddleston, Higher Kinnerton.