Author Topic: George Parker  (Read 2024 times)

Offline corblimey

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: George Parker
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 14 June 17 01:28 BST (UK) »
I have just found this, could this be Coral.

Name   Corrall C Gibson
Residence Date   01 Dec 2002
Residence Place   Montebello, California, United States
Address   717 Albee St
Address Continued   Montebello, California 90640
Record Number   849551053

Offline corblimey

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 14 June 17 01:57 BST (UK) »
Yes, the birth date is out but after such a long time and perhaps with no surviving records, his family may have thought that 1884 was correct.  He was born 12 March 1878 to a single mother, Marion Martha Clayton in a home in Chelsea.  His mother put her name as Minnie on the birth record, perhaps to avoid scandal.

Marion Martha returned to live with her parents taking her child Charles F Clayton with her.  He appears on the 1891 UK census as Thomas and Ellen Clayton's child when he was their grandchild.  In 1882, she marries the father, Claude Aislabe Vign Gibson, but does not stay with him.  Claude sails for foreign ports almost immediately after the wedding and Marion Martha disappears.   She called herself Edith Marion on her marriage certificate.

Francis Charles Gibson's First World War draft card shows his correct birth date.

Offline Michelle_S

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 08 March 18 20:35 GMT (UK) »
Hello!

My name is Michelle and I am the great granddaughter to Marion F. Gibson. Frank and Elizabeth came to the United States when Marion was just 4 months old. The immigrated through Boston and eventually found their way to Camden. Frank worked as a butcher in Philadelphia for a while. I'm quite impressed with the amount of information that you and Sandra have been able to obtain, much more than what I have. I have been in touch, in the past, with a distant cousin who lives in Australia that was able to fill in some of the blanks for me.  If you have any questions that I can help you with, please let me know. I don't how much I can help, but I'm certainly willing to try.

Sincerely,
Michelle

Offline corblimey

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 08 March 18 23:44 GMT (UK) »
Hello Michelle

I am happy to hear from you about your Gibson ancestors.  I may be the distant cousin in Australia related to the Gibsons through the marriage of Edith Marion Clayton (also Marion Martha Clayton) to Claude Aislabe Vign Gibson in 1882 in London.  It appears that this was a marriage of convenience as they had a child, Francis Charles Gibson born 1878, and your direct ancestor, great-great-grandfather.  Your g-g-g-grandfather, Claude Gibson came from an upper class military family in the U.K.and India.  I have quite a lot of information about them which I could send to you.  If you would like to have what I have discovered please email me at (*) and I can attach documents.  There is quite a lot.

What I am interested in is Marion F Gibson's mother Elizabeth Hindle born Lancashire c 1882-1885.  Did she remarry someone called Fielding as there seems to be a family connection with that name.  Did she stay in the US?  What became of her sister Coral C Gibson and what did the middle initial C stand for?  Are you able to help with any information that you might have from your family research?

I haven't had any more luck with the Parker family since the great help that I received via Rootschat but I will keep researching.

Thank you for getting in touch.

Lorelle

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php