Author Topic: RHODES Family, Glossop, Derbyshire  (Read 3233 times)

Offline Misha77

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: RHODES Family, Glossop, Derbyshire
« Reply #18 on: Friday 30 June 17 08:37 BST (UK) »
Thank you, GrahamH.  I am delighted with that piece of information.  I did not have the knowledge to work that out for myself although doing the family tree I have learned a bit more about the cotton industry than I ever knew before.  I would not have known which mill they worked in.  To use a colloquial saying 'I am chuffed with that'.   :) :) :)

Offline GrahamH

• RootsChat Veteran
  • www.gjh.me.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 30 June 17 11:04 BST (UK) »
My pleasure. I also happen to be web master for Glossop Heritage Trust. If you wish to learn a bit more about the cotton industry in the area please see http://www.glossopheritage.co.uk/mills00.htm

One of the mill owning families was called Rhodes but, as far as I can see, not connected to your William.

Offline Misha77

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 05 July 17 14:44 BST (UK) »
Thank you again.  I will explore the link and have signed up to the Glossop Heritage page on facebook.  It has been so helpful.

Offline GrahamH

• RootsChat Veteran
  • www.gjh.me.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 05 July 17 16:11 BST (UK) »
Ah, yes. My colleague, Kate, looks after the FB page - though I do post a few snippets there - whilst I look after the main web site.

Our aim is to do as much as we can to make Glossop's heritage as accessible as possible.