Author Topic: First Cousin mystery.  (Read 1792 times)

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: First Cousin mystery.
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 14 June 17 18:26 BST (UK) »
In checking the 1939 register the birth data you have is consistent with the record there.I think the "other" Elsie is there too,under a married name she acquired later.She is transcribed with a birthdate of 29th Jan 1908,but I'm sure the original says 29th Jun,making it likely she is the Sept. quarter registered birth.
I did wonder,if the "first cousin"relationship is not obvious,whether they may be "once removed".

Regards
Roger

Thanks,of course it is the relationship angle I'm looking at.It may well be a little clearer when I recieve the Birth Certificate of Elsie May Williams that I've ordered earlier today.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 15 June 17 18:48 BST (UK) »
Unfortunately,I can't see how it helps at the moment,but I've tried a correlation between the 4 GRO
records for Elsie May Wllliams between 1905 and 1909,and census data(3 Elsie May's and one Elsie M.)I think I can match them up,with the mmn Hughes belonging to Edward and Sarah,seen at RG13/5218/143/11 in 1901.

Regards
Roger

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 15 June 17 19:02 BST (UK) »
Thanks Roger,I think it is them.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk