Author Topic: Hendersons of Linlithgowshire  (Read 30492 times)

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Hendersons from Bo'ness
« Reply #18 on: Monday 12 June 17 13:20 BST (UK) »
Sorry folks,

Should have done the arithmetic  ::)

Not good doing 2/3 things at one time popping in & out.

Too busy trying to find matching names I guess  ???

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline tidybooks

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 12 June 17 13:57 BST (UK) »
Hi All,

While searching for passenger lists for the Strathnaver, came across this article, that suggests the Strathnaver was rescued by the SS Stormbird on 31st Aug 1874. Click on link.

https://paperspast.natlib.govt.nz/newspapers/WEST18740915.2.17

Tom Buchanan
Scotland - Buchanan, Thomson, Pat(t)erson, Stewart, Ritchie, Tracey
Ireland - Tracey, Conroy, Pat(t)erson.

Offline kiwican

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 12 June 17 14:06 BST (UK) »
Hi All,yes the strathnaver sunk on 1875 near the auckland islands lucky  my gg grand parents came in 1874 talk about fate just now cant find there marriage papers

While searching for passenger lists for the Strathnaver, came across this article, that suggests the Strathnaver was rescued by the SS Stormbird on 31st Aug 1874. Click on link.

Tom Buchanan

Offline kiwican

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 12 June 17 14:09 BST (UK) »
i found them on the passanger list dated 1 june 1874 left london that day got wellington 31 augaust 1874  i found there names on the passanger list says name and place of birth linlithgowshire a mine and maragret henderson 20 y old
Hi All,yes the strathnaver sunk on 1875 near the auckland islands lucky  my gg grand parents came in 1874 talk about fate just now cant find there marriage papers

Tom Buchanan

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 12 June 17 14:21 BST (UK) »
"the passanger list says name and place of birth linlithgowshire a mine and maragret henderson 20 y old"

Can you please confirm if this is a name (is that the correct spelling) or what is the correct spelling & what was the sex/age?

If that was a child born in Scotland the marital details will be on the birth.

Annie

South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline kiwican

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 12 June 17 14:30 BST (UK) »
"the passanger list says name and place of birth linlithgowshire a mine and maragret henderson 20 y old"

Can you please confirm if this is a name (is that the correct spelling) or what is the correct spelling & what was the sex/age?all the ship list said was william henderson linlithgoshire miner age 24 and maragret henderson 20  on the strathnaver out of london 1 june 1874

Annie

Offline kiwican

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 12 June 17 14:36 BST (UK) »
on the lboat list under henderson there was also a john aged 1    then another john aged 20 and a isabella aged 11 the john henderson aged 20 said in transit to s/m not sure where s/m is i thought samoa ..?... on that one dont know if related to william or maragret  though
Can you please confirm if this is a name (is that the correct spelling) or what is the correct spelling & what was the sex/age?all the ship list said was william henderson linlithgoshire miner age 24 and maragret henderson 20  on the strathnaver out of london 1 june 1874

Annie

Offline kiwican

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 12 June 17 14:46 BST (UK) »
"the passanger list says name and place of birth linlithgowshire a mine and maragret henderson 20 y old"but it said all from linlithgowshire
on the lboat list under henderson there was also a john aged 1    then another john aged 20 and a isabella aged 11 the john henderson aged 20 said in transit to s/m not sure where s/m is i thought samoa ..?... on that one dont know if related to william or maragret  though

Annie

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 12 June 17 15:15 BST (UK) »
kiwican, may I suggest that you don't click on 'Quote' at the top right of a post. Click instead on 'Reply' at the bottom. It's all too easy to re-send previous messages by using the 'quote' button.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.