Author Topic: Hendersons of Linlithgowshire  (Read 30541 times)

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
Re: Hendersons of Linlithgowshire
« Reply #261 on: Monday 23 July 18 00:36 BST (UK) »
The dates dont match exactly  she remarried in 1916 and on that certificate said   widow  from  3rd june 1892  on death certificate said he died  24th may 1892

I think the date '3rd Jun 1892' was possibly when his widow 'was told/found out' by whatever means? i.e. I wouldn't concentrate too much on the 'exact' date from the DC (if it was myself)?

Was there a note of his occupation which would tie in or cause of death relating to an occupation possibly, how long he'd suffered his 'cause of death'? Anything to relate back to a possible for your man?

Any connections to the areas he died which you know of?

It does seem to tie in although (I've lost track over time).

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline kiwican

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: Monday 23 July 18 01:01 BST (UK) »
It said lungs pneymonia 3 days then died it just never had family sighn on it just drs in nelson hospital

Offline kiwican

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: Monday 22 October 18 09:53 BST (UK) »
more information found out that this was not my great grandfather in in nelson hospital in 1892 so our search goes on  for William

Offline kiwican

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: Sunday 12 May 19 22:58 BST (UK) »
more information found out that this was not my great grandfather in in nelson hospital in 1892 so our search goes on  for William    william was   said to be working in the helensburgh colliery area in 1893/94 after leaving hartley vale

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: Sunday 12 May 19 23:52 BST (UK) »
more information found out that this was not my great grandfather in in nelson hospital in 1892 so our search goes on  for William    william was   said to be working in the helensburgh colliery area in 1893/94 after leaving hartley vale

Something is confusing me.   I have quoted the above post from today.  It has information that did not appear in the post back in 2018 nor when I quoted it  yesterday on another thread ... Read on

Hi,  on a very very long thread there's a post about your William's death 
william henderson died  on the 3 rd june  1892 may he rest in peace 

and the following quote explains that it was not for your chap  :)  (I am assuming it was for a death in NZ, rather than in Nelson Bay, NSW  :)
more information found out that this was not my great grandfather in in nelson hospital in 1892 so our search goes on  for William

JM

ADD it is around 8:50 am on Monday 13 May 2019 as I note that there's something confusing me.  I can now see that kiwican's quote made in 2018 has been reposted but has been expanded upon without any explanation.  I have long understood that RChat restricts modifications to the first 24 hours only.  Very odd.  JM

The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: Sunday 12 May 19 23:57 BST (UK) »
On that other thread, on the Australia board,  Sue posted a live link to a newspaper cutting showing a Margaret HENDERSON was seeking Maintenance from a William HENDERSON. 

Here is the post:

You will need to read this. 1894

I think he did desert if this item has the right man

https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/137273261

Sue

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: Sunday 12 May 19 23:58 BST (UK) »
"more information found out that this was not my great grandfather in in nelson hospital in 1892 so our search goes on  for William    william was   said to be working in the helensburgh colliery area in 1893/94 after leaving hartley vale"

I see this a a statement as there's no other info. to tell us how you know the deceased William is definitely not yours nor any info. on who/how you know William may have still been around in 1893/94?

The death 1892 seems a very big coincidence, how have you ruled him out?

Annie

JM...Crossed posts but will leave as is

Add..Have read now, was it not Margaret who said she was a widow when she remarried?
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: Monday 13 May 19 00:01 BST (UK) »
Yes,  Agree Annie,  we are not duplicating each other, rather we are striving to sort  ;D

https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=812769.0  This is the live link to the thread on the Australia board.

JM

Offline kiwican

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: Monday 13 May 19 00:23 BST (UK) »
Yes,  Agree Annie,  we are not duplicating each other, rather we are striving to sort  ;D

https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=812769.0  This is the live link to the thread on the Australia board.
 he was in a newspaper article dated 29 september 1894 william and margaret henderson in a listed court matter
JM