Author Topic: Hendersons of Linlithgowshire  (Read 30853 times)

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Hendersons from Bo'ness
« Reply #45 on: Monday 12 June 17 23:39 BST (UK) »
TIMELINE

c1849 birth of William Henderson in Bo'ness, Linlithgow-shire (What was the source for this)?
c1854 birth of Margaret Casey (from death info.)
1872 (23 Jun) married Margaret Casey at Crofthead, (Carnwath)? Lanarkshire (Dau of William Casey and Mary) – (Surname u/k)
1874 Immigrated to New Zealand
Pre c1917 death of William Henderson
c1917 remarriage to Michael O'Connell (who she married at 63) – (from death info.)
1934 (14 Sep) death of Margaret (Casey/Henderson/O'Connell)

The death cert. for William Henderson is what’s needed now.
Without a specific date, have you checked if he was still alive when any/all of his children married?

CHILDREN (Some of)....

William Henderson b 26 Feb 1877 Warmongers. SI. (GGF)
Margaret Henderson b 07 Sep 1879
Peter Henderson b 28 Mar 1881
Isabella Henderson 25 Dec 1883
James Henderson b 29 Jun 1890

Tom has identified a possible son John b 1873 Scotland i.e. if we assume Linlithgow there are these to consider;

HENDERSON JOHN 1873
664/ 32 Carriden

HENDERSON JOHN 1874
663/ 228 Bo'Ness

HENDERSON JOHN 1874
663/ 190 Bo'Ness

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline tidybooks

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Monday 12 June 17 23:49 BST (UK) »
There are also Barbara Smith Henderson, baptised 24 December 1851, and an unnamed child born 9 February 1856.

1851 Census, Birngreen Schoolhouse, Kilsyth
James Henderson, 41, parochial schoolmaster, born Airdrie; wife Agnes, 26, born Linlithgow; son William, 11 months, born Kilsyth, and a servant lass. No mention of Bo'ness anywhere.

Great find, Forfarian, I missed it. No mention of Bo'ness, I think kiwican did not start this topic, if I get time may ask moderator to split the topic from post 2 and get it renamed Henderson of Linlithgow.

Tom
Scotland - Buchanan, Thomson, Pat(t)erson, Stewart, Ritchie, Tracey
Ireland - Tracey, Conroy, Pat(t)erson.

Offline kiwican

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Monday 12 June 17 23:53 BST (UK) »
we have record of williams death it is said that after mining slowed down in 1880s some of them went to australia my grand father another william came back from australia about 1900 he went to kati kati waihi mining area and started his life with eva josaphine dunn  But my great grand father William has gone missing  some say he went back to scotland strange would one wanted to go back then.?..... so i guess never know what happend as long i can trace his marriage there in scotland you gave me some good leads on him that is so much appreciated from us here in sydney au   we know maragret went on in life re married i was trying to find a a divorce paper from nz on them no luck

Offline tidybooks

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Monday 12 June 17 23:56 BST (UK) »
TIMELINE

c1849 birth of William Henderson in Bo'ness, Linlithgow-shire (From passenger list)?
c1854 birth of Margaret Casey (from death info.)
1872 (23 Jun) married Margaret Casey at Crofthead, (Carnwath)? Lanarkshire (Dau of William Casey and Mary) – (Surname u/k)
1874 Immigrated to New Zealand
Pre c1917 death of William Henderson
c1917 remarriage to Michael O'Connell (who she married at 63) – (from death info.)
1934 (14 Sep) death of Margaret (Casey/Henderson/O'Connell)

The death cert. for William Henderson is what’s needed now.
Without a specific date, have you checked if he was still alive when any/all of his children married?

No, on one of the posts, Peter (kiwican) said that Willian Henderson done a runner, but not sure when he disappeared. I do not think he knows when/where he died.

His last child was born about 1894, so he must have been there at least 9 months before that. It is unfortunate that his trail has gone cold.

Tom
Scotland - Buchanan, Thomson, Pat(t)erson, Stewart, Ritchie, Tracey
Ireland - Tracey, Conroy, Pat(t)erson.

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday 13 June 17 00:13 BST (UK) »
Such a pity Kiwi you didn't give all known details in the beginning.

Looking from the prospective of your info. that William & Margaret were living in Linlithgow can you please state where the Linlithgow connection was sourced/found whether on a formal document or other, won't matter which but it's nowhere near any of the places mentioned by the finds of Forfarian or Tidybooks  ???

Annie

Got your message Tom as I was posting.....I didn't note earlier that William was elsewhere/disappeared.

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Offline kiwican

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday 13 June 17 00:21 BST (UK) »
i got it from the strathnaver ship list ant the westport new zealand  westport genealogy group in 1996  it said they married in crofthead lanarkshire 23 june 1872 plus had the names and birthdates of my grand father and his other brothers and sister thats what im going on no paper from scotland just what westport genealogy gave me 20 years ago im sorry have this mixed up confuse you all i email the letter from them to tom i think whit that imformation

Offline kiwican

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday 13 June 17 00:24 BST (UK) »
not easy for me got bad eyes please excuse spelling

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday 13 June 17 00:55 BST (UK) »
I'm really sorry about your eye problem Kiwi!

I'm assuming then that William & Margaret were living in Linlithgow prior to sailing to NZ?

I think a look at the Bo'Ness birth(s) for John may be of benefit to either identify or eliminate the family?

Annie

Offline kiwican

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Tuesday 13 June 17 01:15 BST (UK) »
getting late at your guys qth  dont you sleep 10 am in sydney its good people like you try to help us guys down under my dream is to take my children to my gg grandparents birth place before i pass away i am thinking of getting dna to find out more on my lines i carried on the tradition of naming my son william charles henderson