Author Topic: Hendersons of Linlithgowshire  (Read 30542 times)

Offline kiwican

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Hendersons from Bo'ness
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 11 June 17 23:19 BST (UK) »
BTW forget about the numbers you quoted. They are reference numbers created by whatever site you looked at to get the index entries and they are no use for looking up the originals.
hi im trying to send a letter that i got with there imformation l page but this sight wont let me send the page it tells me 900 pb  so anoying how can i send to you apart from thisthanks from peter again
Thanks Forfarian,

I did ask "Can you post what you have found so far please as a reference?" which was asking for the info. not reference numbers.

A link would have been an idea as those numbers don't tell us a thing as you've more or less stated.

Annie

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 12 June 17 00:43 BST (UK) »
Hi Kiwi,

Can you please just type the info. you see (transcribe).

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline tidybooks

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 12 June 17 11:54 BST (UK) »
Hi All,

Peter emailed me the copy of death certificate of Margaret Casey,who died at 81 yo on 14 September 1934 at Point Chevalier, 24 Moa Road. she was a widow who had married twice, second husband Michael O'Connell who she married at 63. She was buried at Hillsborough on 16 Sep 1934.

It states she was first married at 18 in Scotland to William Henderson and had 6 sons and 3 daughters. (I had miscounted to 5 sons, changed)

It also states her parents were William and Mary Casey (no maiden surname), William was a miner apparently.

I have searched Scotland Peoples and LDS Family Search site and cannot get a marriage of William Henderson and Margaret Casey.

Further questions for Peter,

1 - Do you know when and where they landed in NZ?

2 - Can you list the children of William and Margaret Henderson's 5 sons and 3 daughters names and approx date of births?

3 - Do you know her mother's maiden surname?

Tom Buchanan
Scotland - Buchanan, Thomson, Pat(t)erson, Stewart, Ritchie, Tracey
Ireland - Tracey, Conroy, Pat(t)erson.

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 12 June 17 12:35 BST (UK) »
This looks like it could be the marriage?

Could Margaret have been a preferred name?

HENDERSON WILLIAM     CASEY KATE
644/8 387
Milton

I had a relative who was known to my aunt as 'aunt Maggie' but when I eventually found her, she was born as Lilian, married as Lilian yet she was on the 1901 & 1911 as Maggie.

My aunt also knew her marital surname (a blessing in disguise) or I would probably have still been searching for her to this day  ::)
My aunt was born 1930s i.e. Lilian was still known as Maggie after her marriage in 1915.

Annie

ADDED The marriage would confirm both sets of parents names as well as mothers maiden names
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 12 June 17 12:36 BST (UK) »
Hmmm. If her age at death is accurate, that would mean she was born in 1852/1853. Add 18 to that, and she would have been married in 1870/1871. So her age doesn't tally with the date of marriage supplied, but it's only out by a year or two, which isn't unusual.

Is there any evidence to say where she was born? Could she, for instance, have been born in Ireland?
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline kiwican

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 12 June 17 12:42 BST (UK) »
Hi All,
hi thete again enclosed is some more imformation on my great grad father and gg mother my great grand mothers parents names wore william and mary  casey i dont know her mothers madien name  they came to new zealand on a ship called Strathnaver on the 1 st june 1874  and arrived in wellington on the 31st augaust 1874 from wellington they went to westport in the south island from there went to a mining town called warmongers  a mining town coal and some gold  it is there they gave birth to my gran father william on the 26 February 1877 then they had a daughter called margaret born on the 7 th september 1879 then in another son called peter born on the 28 th march 1881  then,,in 25 december 1883 had a daughter called isabella  then had a son called james born on the29 june 1890 some time later the mines must have slowed down i hird that my grand father went to australia and came back to nz when he was 20 he went to katikati and met a eva dunn she was born 1899 they lived ther life in katikati and waihi area they had my father named William so many william on 28 th december 1926  plus a daughter called beverly  later married a  shine   well my great grand father has gone of the radar now  my great grand mother some how re married and became an o'connell and died in september 14 tg 1934 my life long dream is to find where we really come from my two sons and daught keep asking me the question i just say i think it linlithgowshire my great grand father  and great grand mother in newton glasgow area  my health is not the best and i am pray that i could take my sons to where there great grand father was born and a merrical that we could go back further in the line i was thinking of getting the henderson clan dna test to try and get closer linage can any body give me an idea is it worth the cost of it  that is about as much imformation i have i been looking for weeks trying to locate in differnt sights still zero marriage certificates  hope i can get help my time is running out   thanks for your help so far to all i will waite for a good news email  soonnn
Peter emailed me the copy of death certificate of Margaret Casey,who died at 81 yo on 14 September 1934 at Point Chevalier, 24 Moa Road. she was a widow who had married twice, second husband Michael O'Connell who she married at 63. She was buried at Hillsborough on 16 Sep 1934.

It states she was first married at 18 in Scotland to William Henderson and had 5 sons and 3 daughters.

It also states her parents were William and Mary Casey (no maiden surname), William was a miner apparently.

I have searched Scotland Peoples and LDS Family Search site and cannot get a marriage of William Henderson and Margaret Casey.

2 - Can you list the children of William and Margaret Henderson's 5 sons and 3 daughters names and approx date of births?

Tom Buchanan
Hi All,

It states she was first married at 18 in Scotland to William Henderson and had 5 sons and 3 daughters.

Tom Buchanan

Offline tidybooks

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 12 June 17 12:43 BST (UK) »
Hi All,

Yes, the marriage seems a bit late, in her death certificate she was married at 18, and was 81 at time of death in 1934, so looking around 1871 for marriage.

Ireland is a possibility. Will do some chasing there.

Tom Buchanan

Offline tidybooks

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 12 June 17 13:06 BST (UK) »
Hi Peter and all,

Will try our best to get your questions answered soon as. There is a co-incidence the ship that they arrived on was the "Strathnaver", that is my address, 7 Strathnaver Gardens.

From your reply and the death certificate, I have taken the following, can you fill any gaps.

William Henderson,    b 26 Feb 1877 Warmongers. SI. (GGF)
Margaret Henderson, b 07 Sep 1879
Peter Henderson        b 28 Mar 1881
Isabella Henderson,   b 25 Dec 1883
James Henderson,     b 29 Jun 1890

On NZ Death Certificate that you emailed me,

Ages and sex of living issue, at date of death.

M 61
M 53 possible Peter Henderson, b 28 Mar 1881
M 49
M 47
M 43 possible James Henderson, b 29 Jun 1890 ( should have been 44)
M 40

F 59
F 50  possible Isabella Henderson, b 25 Dec 1883
F 46

Tom Buchanan

Offline kiwican

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 12 June 17 13:18 BST (UK) »
Hi Peter and all,
there was also a peter born on the28th march 1881 in waimangaroa  issabella 25th 1883 waimangaroa james born 29 th june 1890 waimangora  maragret born  7 th september 1879 at westport so most born in mining town of waimangora 
Will try our best to get your questions answered soon as. There is a co-incidence the ship that they arrived on was the "Strathnaver", that is my address, 7 Strathnaver Gardens.

From your reply and the death certificate, I have taken the following, can you fill any gaps.

William Henderson,    b 26 Feb 1877 Warmongers. SI. (GGF)
Margaret Henderson, b 07 Sep 1879
Peter Henderson        b 28 Mar 1881
Isabella Henderson,   b 25 Dec 1883
James Henderson,     b 29 Jun 1890

On NZ Death Certificate that you emailed me,

Ages and sex of living issue, at date of death.

M 61
M 53 possible Peter Henderson, b 28 Mar 1881
M 49
M 47
M 43 possible James Henderson, b 29 Jun 1890 ( should have been 44)
M 40

F 59
F 50  possible Isabella Henderson, b 25 Dec 1883
F 46

Tom Buchanan