Author Topic: Alice Richardson b Felton  (Read 2563 times)

Online aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
Alice Richardson b Felton
« on: Thursday 15 June 17 17:44 BST (UK) »
I will try to give you what I have found up to now there are two birth dates listed for Alice Richardson 1815 and 1817

in 1851 census Alice is a mariner's  widow living at Victoria Place South Shields also with her are her nephew Charles Brampton aged 15 b Middlesex and his sister Alice aged 9 Middlesex

In 1861 Alice is with the Mitford family aged 46 yrs down as a visitor

1871 I have picked her up with Jacob Black she is aged 56 yrs down as his cousin( now he is a relative of mine and I have most of his records ) Jacob was b 1837 at Earsdon Northumberland he is head of the house a railway clerk aged 34

1881  Alice and Jacob are still together now living  at Coxlodge he is still a railway clerk aged 44 Alice down as a 2nd cousin aged 63 also now they have another relative Sarah A Allen aged 15 born Southall Middlesex London ( I think she is the illegitimate daughter of an Elizabeth Allen not sure )

1891 They are still living at Coxlodge I think this is near Gosforth not really looked for it Alice is 74 down as a relative also  Sarah A Allen is still with them aged 25 down as  a relative born Middlesex London
Jacob is retired living on his own means aged 54

In 1892 I find a death for a Alice Richardson Castle Ward not sure think this could be Morpeth) aged 75 born Felton 1817

What I cannot find about Alice her marriage to ????Richardson or her maiden name any help here please and how she becomes a relative of the Black family from Felton

1901 census I find both Jacob a retired railway clerk and Sarah  living at Frome Somersetshire she is down as a house keeper aged 35

1911 they are still at Frome Somerset

1913 I found a death ( think its my Jacob ) aged 77 Morpeth Northumberland
all found on familysearch
Any more help would be welcome please
Elizabeth
McKenzie,Helmsdale.,Mackay's,Gordon's,Polsons,Sutherland's,Loth & N/Z .Watson ,Munro,Pitsligo.Black. Harle ,East Hollywell.Black,and Short East Hollywell.Northumberland Gair, Amble,Douglas,Amble,Mitchell ,Fettercairns,Lyall, Brechin .Mearns Brechin.Thompson's ,Spittal. Maghie,Young .Raey Cumberland & Newcastle & Glasgow .Gilroy, Northumberland. Stark's Kyloe & Tweedmouth .Skeen's Tweedmouth.Gregsons Northumberland & America. Andrew Farmer Turnbull Berwick , Pool and Black Hull.Lounton Tweedmouth

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Alice Richardson b Felton
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 15 June 17 18:01 BST (UK) »

Morpeth Herald, Sat 26 Mar 1892

Deaths

At Gosforth, aged 75, Alice Richardson, daughter of the late Jacob Steel of Felton

Boo

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 15 June 17 18:03 BST (UK) »
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:N2HT-6HP

possible marriage for Alice Steel and James Richardson, 1838

Boo

Online aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 15 June 17 18:08 BST (UK) »
Thank you Boo that was quick
Will look those up
I don't think they had any family

Now to find who Jacob Steel is maybe he married one of Jacobs sisters
Jacob was the youngest in the family

Elizabeth
McKenzie,Helmsdale.,Mackay's,Gordon's,Polsons,Sutherland's,Loth & N/Z .Watson ,Munro,Pitsligo.Black. Harle ,East Hollywell.Black,and Short East Hollywell.Northumberland Gair, Amble,Douglas,Amble,Mitchell ,Fettercairns,Lyall, Brechin .Mearns Brechin.Thompson's ,Spittal. Maghie,Young .Raey Cumberland & Newcastle & Glasgow .Gilroy, Northumberland. Stark's Kyloe & Tweedmouth .Skeen's Tweedmouth.Gregsons Northumberland & America. Andrew Farmer Turnbull Berwick , Pool and Black Hull.Lounton Tweedmouth

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 15 June 17 21:38 BST (UK) »
1841 census
Felton,
Catherine Steel aged 30
Mary aged 6,
Henry aged 4,
William aged 1,
James aged 30,possibly a tailor
Jacob aged 10,

Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline DavidJP

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 15 June 17 21:43 BST (UK) »
Hi,

The only baptism that I can find between 1810 & 1820 for an Alice Steel whose father was Jacob is as follows from familysearch:

Alice Steel to Jacob Steel & Isabella Biars at Felton, Northumberland, Born 10th Sept 1811 & baptised 29th Sept 1811. Link here: https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:NYQ4-WZR

Had Alice knocked a few years off her age perhaps?

Hope this helps.

Kind regards

David
Aitcheson, Aldred, Batty, Bauer, Bone, Brewer, Dean, Doyle, Durant, Fife, Finney, Gibson, Graham/Grayham, Hall, Harrison, Hersey, Hill, Holliss, Hudson, Hussey, Insley, Kelsey, King, Laver, Longmore, Luke, Mellor, Newman, North, Parker, Phillips, Porter, Read, Robinson, Rowel, Spink, Sproxton, Steer, Stevenson, Tanner, Witty/Whitty, Warburton, Wood.
(For more information on the above surnames please check the Surname Interest Table below.)

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 15 June 17 22:16 BST (UK) »
 ???
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Online aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 15 June 17 23:01 BST (UK) »
Hi Radcliff
It has been known before for women to change their age
I think you could be on the right track going back to Jacob Black and Alice being a relative
Jacob is the son of William Black and Margaret Atkinson m 1818 Felton
William Black is the son of Pearson Black and Margaret Atkinson   M  1818 Felton
Pearson Black son of William Black and Ann Byers M 1785 Felton
Ann Byers parents were Robert Byers and Anne Pearson M 1760
I can only find Robert and Anne having two children
Margaret b1763 Bothal and Robert b 1768 Bedlington
I was looking for them to have an Isabella married to  Jacob Steel
But no such luck
Will have a look at what you have sent in the morning
Thanks again
Elizabeth

Online aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 15 June 17 23:12 BST (UK) »
Radcliffe,
I found the birth of Alice but not sure if it is her like you

Elizabeth