Author Topic: does anyone know if David Moseley & sons Ardwick Manchester still in bussiness  (Read 1779 times)

Offline fishy

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
 Trying to find out if David Moseley & sons Ardwick Manchester still in business as a relative Removed worked there in 1964 she  had just got married to a Removed from Glasgow. She worked then as a comptometer operator. I have a copy of a photo of the wedding it was at flowery field church Hyde  Cheshire.  Just wondering if they may have records of her working there.
appreciate any help if possible thanks

Fishy barbara

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline fishy

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Hi  Anne,

Thanks for your reply to my message about  David Moseley & sons still operating in Manchester
I have been into the site you gave me to look at, very interesting but not really what I was hoping for, trying to find records of Removed  who worked there,looks like the firm as changed now, what is there does not say exactly.
thanks any way.
Regards
fishy barbara

Offline Moseley92

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: does anyone know if David Moseley & sons Ardwick Manchester still in bussiness
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 05 June 18 00:21 BST (UK) »
1981 The downturn in the economy forced Avon Rubber to rationalise its operations, resulting in the closure of the Avon-Moseley factory.
https://www.gracesguide.co.uk/David_Moseley_and_Sons
Moseley, Mount, Ball, Thompson, Davis,