Author Topic: Frances salmon 1851 Census Betley  (Read 770 times)

Offline queenswood 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Frances salmon 1851 Census Betley
« on: Sunday 18 June 17 15:44 BST (UK) »
Looking for Frances salmon on the 1851 census in Betley or Barthomley- she was born c 1787 in Stapeley- for some reason her record has been removed from the Family Search website!
Her husband william died in March 1851 and so she is just widowed.
Caroline
Roots/Day/Atkins - (Essex/Suffolk/ London)Bourne/Milner/Corden-(Staffs/Shrops/Cheshire)
Wood/Gibbs/Battrick/Fall/Budden-(Dorset)

Offline Jool

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • James Dodson, beautifully restored by mozza29
    • View Profile
Re: Frances salmon 1851 Census Betley
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 18 June 17 16:54 BST (UK) »
Hi Caroline

Her age on the 1851 has been miss transcribed as 43 (b. 1808) but the original image looks like 63 (Anc....y).  F M P have her transcribed as age 63.

Frances Salmon, head, widowed, b. Sandbach, Cheshire.  Occupation Annuitant.  Living in Betley.
Also with her is a servant, Mary Higgins.
Robbins - Wolverhampton.
Spooner - Monmouthshire & Wolverhampton.
Warner & Loundes - Dudley/West Bromwich.
Dod(g)son - Heysham/Liverpool/Wolverhampton

Offline Jayson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Frances salmon 1851 Census Betley
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 07 November 17 12:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi Caroline

Frances Salmon was the daughter of James Bayley, Esq., (1759-1840) of Stapeley Hall, Wybunbury. She was born at Hassall Hall, Hassall, Sandbach.  Can't be sure on the exact date, however I think it was about 1787ish.  Anyway, I can double check as she is on my family tree. 

There are portraits of Frances' parents on display in the Grosvenor Museum, which my cousin, Jan Boyes, very kindly donated last year.  If you Google "James and Penelope Bayley Grosvenor Museum" you will see them.

I researched the Salmon family quite extensively but I couldn't establish a link between the Nantwich Salmon family and the William Salmon who eventually married Frances.  When I first started I got Frances' husband confused with William Salmon who was godson to Frances' father and lived at the Mount in Nantwich. He was the son of Prussia Salmon.

Jayson 
"This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"