Author Topic: Catherine Richardson  (Read 798 times)

Offline GenesA

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Catherine Richardson
« on: Tuesday 20 June 17 18:03 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I have a Catherine Richardson marrying Thomas Wilton in 1793 in Worthington, Leicestershire. Catherine died in 1860 aged 90 in Norton juxta Twycross. The 1851 Census gives her place of birth as Peterborough in Northamptonshire but I can't see anything that would fit. She was born about 1771 and I've tried every variant of her name I can think of to see if I can find her baptism record.

Can anyone see her or give me a push in the right direction?

Thanks  :)

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Catherine Richardson
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 20 June 17 19:30 BST (UK) »
Not sure if it helps, but the marriage records Catherine's surname as Richards, not Richardson
MORGAN: Glamorgan, Durham, Ohio. DAVIS/DAVIES/DAVID: Glamorgan, Ohio.  GIBSON: Leicestershire, Durham, North Yorkshire.  RAIN/RAINE: Cumberland.  TAYLOR: North Yorks. BOURDAS: North Yorks. JEFFREYS: Worcestershire & Northumberland. FORBES: Berwickshire, CHEESMOND: Durham/Northumberland. WINTER: Durham/Northumberland. SNOWBALL: Durham.

Offline Daisypetal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 20 June 17 19:35 BST (UK) »

Hi,

Although I can see some transcriptions that give Catherine's name as RICHARDSON there is an image of Leicestershire banns that shows her name as RICHARDS.

Here is my transcription of the image,

Worthington, Leicestershire

Banns of marriage between Thos  WILTON /Catharine RICHARDS both of this parish banns publish sept 29, Oct 6 & 20 1753.
Thomas WILTON of this parish and Catharine RICHARDS of this parish married in this Chapel by Banns on this 28th day of October in the year one thousand seven hundred and fifty three by me F? HARRIS Curate.
This marriage was solemnized btween us,
Thomas WILTON his X mark
Catharine RICHARDS her X mark
In the presence of us  William COXON,  Thomas MEE

This could be Catherine's baptism,

Sept 27  Catharine  D  of William and Elizth  RICHARDS

Regards,
Daisy

Snap Jomot  :)
All Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline GenesA

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 20 June 17 21:09 BST (UK) »
Thanks to both of you  :)