Author Topic: Thomas Soper, Mary and Joseph 16th century  (Read 503 times)

Offline Lumber-Jack

• RootsChat Senior
  • Old Josiah
    • View Profile
Thomas Soper, Mary and Joseph 16th century
« on: Wednesday 21 June 17 17:39 BST (UK) »
Hi Rootschatters,

I am writing a biography on Warren Young Soper (of Ottawa, Canada) and have traced his male line ancestors to Thomas Soper (b England 1589 d Massachusetts 1657), spouse Mary (1586-1618), and son Joseph (b 1638 England d Boston Massachusetts 1678).

I believe, though I am by no means certain, that Thomas came from Dorset, as that county was the source of many immigrants to that colony.

I am therefore looking for any information (bmd and other) on Thomas, Mary and Joseph in England.

Rootschatters have always come through in my past research!

I am very grateful for this and for any help I can get in this endeavour.

Best Canadian sesquicentennial wishes!      LJ
Cook, Coggins, Rutherford, Wheatley - Northumberland, Cumberland, Scotland, Australia
Baker, Tayler-  Sussex

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Schoch

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Soper, Mary and Joseph 16th century
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 28 September 17 22:45 BST (UK) »
This is from Wiltshire (not far from Dorset). May give you a direction to go anyway.
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~soperstuff/soperstuff/Wiltshire/john_soper_1588/index.htm

Good Luck

Richard
Stay in the  Moment

Grainger - Wigton and Newcastle Area
Gibson - Newcastle/Scotland (Roxburgh) Areas
Crisell/Crissell/Chrysel/etc. - Suffolk Area
Schoch - Germany (Íhringen Area)

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Lumber-Jack

• RootsChat Senior
  • Old Josiah
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Soper, Mary and Joseph 16th century
« Reply #2 on: Friday 29 September 17 12:55 BST (UK) »
Thanks Richard.....this is a most useful lead.....I will post when I have completed this piece of my research. LJ
Cook, Coggins, Rutherford, Wheatley - Northumberland, Cumberland, Scotland, Australia
Baker, Tayler-  Sussex