Author Topic: MCDONALD of Rouchel, NSW  (Read 22470 times)

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
Re: MCDONALD of Rouchel, NSW
« Reply #162 on: Monday 23 October 17 04:41 BST (UK) »
It may be an idea to ask if they can direct you to where you can access the death cert. with the relevant details, date, place & ref. no. etc?

How old would Mary have been when travelling?

I have seen where Mary & Marg have been mistaken with a 'g' looking like a 'y'.

You could tell them she's not with the famiiy on the same ship i.e. where did they find their info?

Was the offer of buying the book by email or in an online message on Anc?

I would ask where the book can be ordered online which you can then check out (without purchasing)!

Even if it was through ebay at least it wouldn't be via personal routes.

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline EBrand

• RootsChat Member
  • Isabella Waldeck, dau of George and Isabella Brand
    • View Profile
Re: MCDONALD of Rouchel, NSW
« Reply #163 on: Monday 23 October 17 08:07 BST (UK) »
It may be an idea to ask if they can direct you to where you can access the death cert. with the relevant details, date, place & ref. no. etc?

How old would Mary have been when travelling?

I have seen where Mary & Marg have been mistaken with a 'g' looking like a 'y'.

You could tell them she's not with the famiiy on the same ship i.e. where did they find their info?

Was the offer of buying the book by email or in an online message on Anc?

I would ask where the book can be ordered online which you can then check out (without purchasing)!

Even if it was through ebay at least it wouldn't be via personal routes.

Annie

Hi Annie,

The descendant said that he had acquired most of his information from another descendant researching the family, and she had allowed him to come and note it all down. They said that this other lady had been quite meticulous with her work, but now he says that he is not even sure whether this is correct. He has also said that he is working on other projects now and is probably going to leave the McDonalds alone- but he offered to send me a copy of his book for free. I am still unsure of where the information mentioned has been sourced from, but I shall have a read of his book and see what comes up and whether it can be verified or not.

Will let you know what happens!

EB.
Lillis (IRE)
McKenna (IRE)
Minehan (IRE)
Prest (ENG)
Gowland (ENG)
Ashby (ENG)
Brand (SCOT)
McLean (SCOT)
McDonald (SCOT)