Author Topic: Richard Denham  (Read 816 times)

Offline 0191alex11

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Richard Denham
« on: Thursday 22 June 17 10:41 BST (UK) »
Hi!
   Can anyone help with any of the following?

I have a Richard Denham living at Whickham, Durham. He married firstly at Whickham on the 20th May 1723 a Margaret Foorman (Forman?) and had what I believe two children:

Jane Denham baptised 30th May 1726 Whickham

Thomas Denham baptised 7th May 1732 Whickham

Richard then appears to marry a Grace Skipsey at Whickham on 8th June 1735 and had:

Margaret Denham baptised 3rd October 1736 Whickham

Richard is also down as being the father listed with a wife (?) Dorothy to another child:

Ann Denham baptised 23rd December 1739 Whickham

Cannot find any information on Richards parents and from what I can gather I think he was buried at Lowhand Gateshead in 1741.
Cannot find any details on Margaret Foorman, especially her parents of date of death, nor any marriage of Richard Denham to a Dorothy?

I think Dorothy Denham (nee ?) married a William Dent in 1742 and had a son James Dent born 1743?

If anyone can help with any of the above, especially Richard Denham or Margaret Foorman parents much appreciated! :)

Offline ..claire..

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Genealogy...Life in the Past Lane
    • View Profile
Re: Richard Denham
« Reply #1 on: Friday 23 June 17 01:39 BST (UK) »
Hi

Not sure of this, but allowing spelling variations and it is a transcript, there is a baptism in Whickham

Richard DININ bapt. 26 Jul 1691 Whickham, father: Richard Dinin

The only baptism that I can find for a Margaret Foreman or variant is in Escomb which is quite a way away, bapt. 8 Sep 1691 daughter of Ralph & Mary.
Luce, Tippett , Thomson, Dolling ~ Devon & Cornwall
Mocquard ~ London, France
Census info is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk