Author Topic: Young and old pictures, but of the same person? (Louisa Phyllis Humfrey)  (Read 3844 times)

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Young and old pictures, but of the same person? (Louisa Phyllis Humfrey)
« Reply #9 on: Friday 07 July 17 20:01 BST (UK) »
Did you also see the responses to your other posts  ::)
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Kendra71

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 07 July 17 21:23 BST (UK) »
Hi Carol, yes I have thanks. I'm very grateful for all the responses. 

Offline Kendra71

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 07 July 17 21:43 BST (UK) »
I've also found a different confirmed picture of Louisa Phyllis Humfrey, the older lady in the two pictures. I'm quite sure the younger one isn't her.

Offline stsearcher

• RootsChat Extra
  • Always happy to help with research and photos.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 08 July 17 01:16 BST (UK) »
I might be the only one, but I think it is the same person.
They both seem to have the same mouth and nose and if you account for lack of teeth it would explain the less elongated face.
She has an unusual crease on the inner corner of her eye and it appears in the younger photo that it may be there are well (maybe it is just a mark on the photo).
However, I could be wrong  ;)
CORNWALL, ENION and lots more

Offline sharpeassoc

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 31 July 17 02:07 BST (UK) »
Have you tried to run a facial recognition program on them?  That is pretty accurate.  I can put a photo of me in now (over 70) and one when I was 16 and it knows it's me.

guest259648

« Reply #14 on: Sunday 10 February 19 20:02 GMT (UK) »
If it's not too late to make comment, I'd say we are looking at the same person here, taking into account the changes Time inevitably makes to a person's skin, hair etc. It feels right, to me. Have you had any further thoughts on this? x

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 11 February 19 05:40 GMT (UK) »
I'm jumping in late here as well .... I think they are two different people. Two features that I notice in particular are: the nostrils are a different shape and so is the top lip, particularly comparing the photo of the younger girl and middle aged Louisa.  :)

Offline Kendra71

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 11 February 19 07:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ruskie, Dulciebun, thank you both for the late replies! I haven't moved much further forward but I think that they are different people, mainly because the confirmed photos from later years both show a shorter nose. It's a bit of a shame but never mind.

I was really surprised coming into all this that none of the old carte de visite photo companies' customer records have seemingly survived. I'd dearly love to be able to tap the number into a search field and get the ID back! 

guest259648

« Reply #17 on: Monday 11 February 19 09:56 GMT (UK) »
I'm interested by this, because (although I can't possibly know), the 2 ladies 'feel' the same to me. People have commented on the nose, saying it's conclusively different... hmm. In the older lady, I can see a rather strange crease right across the top of the nose, almost as if there's been a bad injury there which has been fixed up, and the skin hasn't found a way to make it neat. Noses are made of cartilage, not bone, and their shape can change (or BE changed, or repaired) quite radically.

I'm an artist and I study and draw faces, they fascinate me.

The younger woman has her chin right down, to look at the camera, which will always make the nose appear longer. 

Lips change over time, they lose their plumpness and become a straight line in old age, so there's little point in saying the lips aren't the same. When the lips get thinner, the distance between nose and top lip gets wider.

Do you know if your relative might have been injured, facially, at any point? Accidents happen, wars happen...