Author Topic: James Lind(b. c1786) of Bentyhead farm.  (Read 695 times)

Offline Oura

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
James Lind(b. c1786) of Bentyhead farm.
« on: Friday 23 June 17 06:04 BST (UK) »
Hello,

I am hoping someone can help me find the parents of James Lind of Bentyhead farm, which was about 1 mile south-east of West Calder. When his son James Lind died in a mining accident in 1875 his parents were identified as  “James Lind, Farmer, Deceased and Elizabeth Lind, M.S. Mill, Deceased”. There is an old West Calder poem which includes "Jamie Lind, of Bentyhead". He was also there in the 1841 census. An Elizabeth Mill is recorded in the old parish records as the daughter of “John Mill and Isobel Bryce in Brigend”. She was baptized on the 18th June 1786. Coincidentally, on the same page as Elizabeth Mill’s baptismal record there was the entry; “James Lind and Agnes Burns in Kipsyke had a daughter baptized called Janet”. James Lind and Agnes Burns also had a son James, baptised on the 26th March 1780 and also a son Robert who was recorded in the 1841 as being 63 and living at Little Hartwood, just down the road from Bentyhead.

I am hoping someone has a record that links James Lind of Bentyhead to James Lind and Agnes Burns of Kipsyke.

Cheers,
Oura, Australia