Author Topic: Wheartys of Dundalk  (Read 5348 times)

Offline Brendaburton

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Wheartys of Dundalk
« Reply #10 on: Monday 26 June 17 16:03 BST (UK) »
Many thanks for your help - you've given me plenty to be going on with.

Offline Shalin35

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 09 November 17 12:22 GMT (UK) »
Im a Whearty decendent. My father was born (1953) and reared in Barrick Street Dundalk. His mother was Eileen married to Sean Whearty son of John Whearty who may be who you mentioned your grandmother marrying.

Offline Shalin35

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 09 November 17 12:33 GMT (UK) »
Im a Whearty decendent. My father was born (1953) and reared in Barrick Street Dundalk. His mother was Eileen married to Sean Whearty son of John Whearty who may be who you mentioned your grandmother marrying.

Offline Brendaburton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 09 November 17 13:32 GMT (UK) »
That is amazing.
My younger sister remembers Sean - my dads half brother she thought .  I was born in 1953 so your father must be my cousin!! I know so little of dads life in Dundalk - I suppose I wasn't that interested when I was younger.  I don't even know all his siblings although I do have a recollection of Mona.
I would love to send you a photo I have of a wedding group to see if you know anybody!!
I do remember going to Ireland to see grandmother Elizabeth when she was quite old - it sounds as though she had an interesting life.
It would be great if you could help me fill in the gaps
Brenda

Offline Shalin35

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 09 November 17 13:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi Brenda i can certainly try to help. My dad lived in Barrick street all his childhood until he married my mum and moved across the border. I've many fond memories of summers in Barrick street. I've kept the Whearty name and my 9 yr old son is a proud Whearty.

Sean died not long after I was born and i think Gene Seans brother would be the only living sibling of your dad now and hes still in Dundalk.

I sadly lost my dad 3 years ago to cancer and miss him terribly. He had just started looking into researching his family and made initial enquiries so its sad hes not around to talk to you himself as you could have helped each other. I still have contact with a close friend of his so can ask any questions you need to know but how awesome is it to make a connection 😀 where are you from?

Yes send the photo it would be great to see. Im close to some Whearty cousinsvso hopefully between us we come up with something 😀

Offline Brendaburton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 09 November 17 14:56 GMT (UK) »
I've sent you a pm

Offline Martin Cooper

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 15 November 18 14:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi my name is Martin Cooper I am the great grand son of the late John and Elizabeth Whearty firmly of Barrack street Dundalk could you please contact me in relation to your recent search for family members.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Offline Shalin35

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 15 November 18 16:41 GMT (UK) »
HI Martin, I am also a great grandchild of John and Elizabeth and was able to provide Brenda with a little more information in her historical search which has been quite interesting. IN what way are you connected I'd love to hear more as I'm sure would Brenda :)