Author Topic: Nimmons Family from Randlestown  (Read 4099 times)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Nimmons Family from Randlestown
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 25 June 17 12:53 BST (UK) »
There are lots of Nimmons details online but I'm not sure that posting random items really helps find Marjorie's family  ::)
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline tempogold

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 25 June 17 13:17 BST (UK) »
Many thanks for all the hints.Yes saw the death of a James Nimmons in Belfast who may be   the one married to Victoria Brown ???
Need to explore that. Certainly a marriage date of 1925 would fit.

I had  Initally ruled the Cliftonville Ave  Nimmons out, as his probate details on Proni list 3 children --all new names to me and does not include the names of the 2 sisters I am researching . But will think again . Have put everything I have discovered so far on a tree on Ancestry which is public. No doubt some link back to folks in Randlestown.
From only a couple of names and a few dates have made graet strides. thanks

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • A tree full of life, a life full of branches!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 25 June 17 14:01 BST (UK) »
Many thanks for all the hints.Yes saw the death of a James Nimmons in Belfast who may be   the one married to Victoria Brown ???
Need to explore that. Certainly a marriage date of 1925 would fit.

I had  Initally ruled the Cliftonville Ave  Nimmons out, as his probate details on Proni list 3 children --all new names to me and does not include the names of the 2 sisters I am researching . But will think again . Have put everything I have discovered so far on a tree on Ancestry which is public. No doubt some link back to folks in Randlestown.
From only a couple of names and a few dates have made graet strides. thanks

I was thinking more along the lines of the Cliftonville James possibly having been an uncle to your  Marjorie's father, James, rather than having been the chap who married Victoria, as he would have been c53 yrs old in 1925 (albeit not impossible that he married at that age).

Marjorie's father, if he was the chap who married in Belfast in 1925, perhaps spent some time working in the Belfast area.
"Trees without roots fall over!"

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

Don't just wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

In a world where you can be anything, be kind .

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 25 June 17 14:46 BST (UK) »
Partial extracts-

Ballymena Weekly Telegraph, 15 Oct.1943: Summoned for endangering her own safety and that of other road users. Victoria M. Nimmons, Main Street,. Randalstown, was fined ss. It was stated that she stepped out in front of a military despatch rider

Ballymena Observer, 22 Oct.1943: Summoned for endangering her own safety and that of other road users, Victoria M. Nimmons, Main Street, Randalstown, was fined 5s. It was staked that she stepped out front military despatch rider, throwing him

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 25 June 17 15:23 BST (UK) »
Alas no 1939 register for Northern Ireland .

See here about 1939 N.I. Register and how to obtain details from it-
http://www.irish-genealogy-toolkit.com/1939-national-register.html

Offline tempogold

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 25 June 17 16:40 BST (UK) »
How very interesting . Perhaps Victoria M nee Brown who married in Belfast in 1925 is indeed the sisters mother. But there are so many James Nimmons that this will take a while. Love the comments from the local newspaper.
However just found out from another relative that they are sure Marjorie was Victoria M Nimmons and ancestry has  telephone records for someone of that name in the 1970s in Belfast.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 25 June 17 19:06 BST (UK) »
Perhaps her mother was also Victoria and Marjorie was known by her middle name.

Added-
Victoria Margaret Nimmons, age 82, died 11 Feb.2009 Belfast

Offline tempogold

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 06 July 17 16:34 BST (UK) »
Thank You Aghadowery. I had seen and dismissed that record as I had seen her order of service .
 Butafter all the info above decided to  order  a Birth certificate as Victoria M and yes it came back as Victoria Margaret. Her mother was Victoria Mary Brown  . On the hunt for  records for her parents death  .Victoria Mary  Nimmons and James Nimmons. No idea when they died  . But if any one has access to a newspaper site that would be helpful. Given the poss time scale say  late50s/early 60s ( guesstmate only) it might have been reported locally and in a Belfast paper.
Many Thanks

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 06 July 17 17:17 BST (UK) »
Couldn't see a death on GRONI for any Victoria Nimmons 1945-1966. There were a few James and also Mary's.