Author Topic: Nimmons Family from Randlestown  (Read 4123 times)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Nimmons Family from Randlestown
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 06 July 17 17:23 BST (UK) »
Wonder if they could have lived in Scotland (although impossible to say from this snippet)-
Motherwell Times, 6 Dec.1946: ... included songs by Songster Nora Graham, Ireland, and Bandsman H. Stewart; readings by Mrs D. M'Allister; piano solos by Mrs James Nimmons, Ireland; violin solos by Miss Jean Ashforth, saxophone solo by Bandsman R. Stewart, and selections by the Motherwell...

What does Victoria's birth certificate give for her father's occupation?
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline tempogold

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 06 July 17 18:38 BST (UK) »
Take it that is Victoria Margaret -or-( Marjorie) .  Fathers occupation  shop keeper. He had a Boot and shoe shop in Randlstown. Now i am cetain that the Belfast Marriage of  James Nimmons to Victoria M Brown in 1925 ( earlier post) are her parents, will order their marraige cert as know nothing about her mother.
Sorry no Idea about any Scottish link. As her sister Shelia married in Randlestown in june 1956 I assume Their  parents still living in the area.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 06 July 17 19:41 BST (UK) »
You do know that you can view the marriage certificate on GRONI for a few credits?
https://geni.nidirect.gov.uk/

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 06 July 17 23:39 BST (UK) »
Much more to come but found this!

NIMMONS
In loving memory of JAMES NIMMONS
Died 27th November 1971
Also his dear wife VICTORIA MARY HUNTER
Died 31st October 1972

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~jeanmccarthy36/st_pauls_school_records.htm

Offline tempogold

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 07 July 17 06:52 BST (UK) »
Great . Thank You
Have found their marriage on Groni as you suggested 21/1/1925 Belfast. Father is a Frederick William Brown ,Merchant. A witness is a Jane Douglas Brown so perhaps a sister to Victoria.
Found Victoria Mary Hunter Brown birth on Groni . born Belfast 1 June 1892. Mothers name Agness Brown formely Spence.
At last knocking down a few walls.
thank you .

Offline tempogold

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 07 July 17 07:16 BST (UK) »
Oh Help . Just looked at that link and even more Nimmons from Randlestown. I have the parents of James who marries Victoria   in 1925 as Robert and Margaret ( Moore) who marry 18/8/1982 Antrim ist Pres Church. From Groni i notice his father was James a farmer and not another Robert which is what I thought. Not sure were my James senior is on that fantastic list of names the link takes me to.
Coffee time me thinks.
thanks

Offline Sherry Campbell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Sunday 15 July 18 02:05 BST (UK) »
I'm just seeing all of these James Nimmons listed in Randalstown area and wondered if anyone came across a James Nimmons and Mary Graham marriage or any details on who this particular James Nimmons parents may have been. I have no dates at all for James but Mary Graham was born about 1921 and died August 18, 2006 in (supposedly) Newtownabbey, Antrim, Northern Ireland. The only son I know of was born in Belfast n 1949 and died in 2005.

Offline gaffy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Sunday 15 July 18 02:18 BST (UK) »

I'm just seeing all of these James Nimmons listed in Randalstown area and wondered if anyone came across a James Nimmons and Mary Graham marriage or any details on who this particular James Nimmons parents may have been. I have no dates at all for James but Mary Graham was born about 1921 and died August 18, 2006 in (supposedly) Newtownabbey, Antrim, Northern Ireland. The only son I know of was born in Belfast n 1949 and died in 2005.

The official NI Government 'GRONI' website (link below) has available online the civil record for a Belfast-registered marriage in the names of James Nimmons and Mary Graham, it took place on 3 June 1943, the full record should include their addresses, together with the names of the two fathers and fathers' occupations, it is pay to view:

Offline Sherry Campbell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Sunday 15 July 18 03:52 BST (UK) »

The official NI Government 'GRONI' website (link below) has available online the civil record for a Belfast-registered marriage in the names of James Nimmons and Mary Graham, it took place on 3 June 1943, the full record should include their addresses, together with the names of the two fathers and fathers' occupations, it is pay to view:

Oh geez.. I spent hours on that site a few months back looking for their marriage and couldn't find it.. lol. Thank you very much!
Sherry