Author Topic: Wright / Glover marraige  (Read 652 times)

Offline flateric999

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Wright / Glover marraige
« on: Saturday 24 June 17 23:23 BST (UK) »
Hoping I can get some clarification on this.

I have Frederick George Wright and Elsie May Glover married in Coventry in June 1930. I would like as much information as I can find for these people so i can be sure I have the right coup!e, especially the church the wedding took place in, and details of the individuals.

Cheers..

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Wright / Glover marraige
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 24 June 17 23:33 BST (UK) »
Without knowing which church they married in - nobody would know which parish records to look at.  It may have been a civil marriage which cannot be looked up

married in Coventry in June 1930

Unless you know for certain they married in June - the marriage was registered in the June qtr which means they married anytime between 1.4.1930 and 30.6.1930

Have you looked for them on the 1939 register to get further info about them (eg) birthdates?

Have you checked for their deaths to see if their full birthyears are shown - deaths from 1969 have that info
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline flateric999

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 25 June 17 07:15 BST (UK) »
Of course, more details would be good.

Elsie May was born in Frankton in 1899. She lived in Ryton on Dunsmore and this may be where the wedding was, but so far we've not found it.

Her spouse, Fred, was born in Buckinghamshire in 1900.

Obviously I'm keen, if possible to get as much additional information as I can so a wedding certificate can be ordered, knowing it's the right one...

There is a possibility that Elsie had a child shortly before or after marriage as family have suggested the wedding was performed under special license.

Mike

Offline MikeDavies38

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 25 June 17 19:44 BST (UK) »
I believe Elsie was the daughter of William and Phoebe Glover and baptised in Frankton 18 June 1899.  She had 7 brothers and 2 sisters and lived in Ryton on Dunsmore in 1901 and 1911.
William married Phoebe Susan Berry in 1882 in Ryton on Dunsmore.
Hope this helps
Davies, Bywater, Murray, Gaunt, Benton, Jones, Richardson

Offline flateric999

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 25 June 17 23:25 BST (UK) »
I believe Elsie was the daughter of William and Phoebe Glover and baptised in Frankton 18 June 1899.  She had 7 brothers and 2 sisters and lived in Ryton on Dunsmore in 1901 and 1911.
William married Phoebe Susan Berry in 1882 in Ryton on Dunsmore.
Hope this helps

This is who we think it is too. The 1930 marriage seems to fit as well, but we don't have a location as yet so its looking like a marriage certificate is the way forward.

Family have suggested she was pregnant when she married but baby was still born. I haven't found evidence either way on line.

The wedding may have been registry office too, in May.

Mike