Author Topic: Re: Link: ISLE of MAN- Religion & Churches  (Read 11944 times)

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Link: ISLE of MAN- Religion & Churches
« Reply #36 on: Sunday 06 August 17 22:33 BST (UK) »
Good luck with your research ;D
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Thursday 10 August 17 09:09 BST (UK) »
I assume that Miss nosy isn't connected to the internet while on her holidays? ;D

Do let us know how you got on.

If you are connected, PM me if you need any assistance.
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline Miss nosy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Saturday 12 August 17 09:45 BST (UK) »
Hey everybody well I am home now what a lovely week I have had..I absolutely love Isle of Man everybody is so helpful.i think I need a weeks rest now I have done so much walking..I  have found so much info out and got hours of putting it all on my family tree now lol..I will post more later..thanx every 1 again for helping me.. ;D

Offline Miss nosy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Sunday 13 August 17 22:05 BST (UK) »
Good evening every 1..ok so finally back to normality now..I have so much to follow up after what I found on my holiday but really exiting putting it all together..I went to Arbory and to be truthful it wasn't how I imagined it..yes a lot of my family are buried there but only found 3 graves readable..grass is overgrown in a lot of places I understand it's an oldish church but surely they could cut the grass ..I got a plan map from the museum and can now trace where my ancestors were buried..Patrick was amazing but the ram and sheep did not like me being in there I didn't stay long so that is Defo on my list next time..the most disappointing was the road to where I really wanted to go Eary cushlin was still closed they said it would be open by the 2nd of August it still wasn't open by Sunday so no buses on that route..on my list again for next time..positive note I loved my whole stay saw so much of the island especially fell in love with port Erin..and I believe I may have found a long lost relative he still lives in Andreas which is where my line starts from ...Ill keep you all updated plus I may still need your help along the way!!!!