Author Topic: Edward Leach R.N  (Read 3209 times)

Offline MaxD

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Edward Leach R.N
« Reply #27 on: Monday 26 June 17 21:55 BST (UK) »
A very strong gut feeling and clues from here and there suggest to me that his birth is the one registered in Barton Regis district Q3 1882,  His RN record gives his place of birth as Westbury Wilts but, as suggested earlier, I believe the RN got the county wrong, there are no Edward Leach births in Wiltshire that year.  He gives his birthplace as Bristol, Westbury on Trym is a suburb of Bristol and was then in the Barton Regis registration district.  There are a number of Leach families in Westbury on Trym in 1881.  There were a good number of Industrial Schools (boarding schools for poor and neglected children) in that area including including the industrial school ship Formidable at Portishead from which many boys would join the RN (he is not there in 1891).

Only the birth cert would prove/disprove this however but for what it is worth................

maxD
I am Zoe Northeast, granddaughter of Maximilian Double.

It is with great difficulty I share with you that in the early hours of 07 August 2021, Maximilian passed away unexpectedly but peacefully.

With deep sadness,
Zoe

Double  Essex/Suffolk
Randle/Millington Warwicks
Sokser/Klingler Austria/Croatia

Offline Twells2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 03 February 18 20:12 GMT (UK) »
My grandfather was Edward Leach married to Beatrice Rosina Pridham. They had seven children Edward ,May,Reginald, Dorothy, Audrey,Ken and Betty.
My father was Reg ( Cecil Reginald). He was married to Joy( Mona Joyce. I am the second of their four children. I was in contact with my grandparents via my parents till their dieing day. I am still in contact with several of my cousins and Uncle Ken's wife is still alive whom I'm also in contact with and their daughter. Which of these seven children is your husbands parent. I have an idea whom it might be. There is quite a lot of info on the website ancestry.co.uk of our family.
Hope this helps.

Offline Twells2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 07 February 18 22:24 GMT (UK) »
My grandfather was Edward Leach married to Beatrice Rosina Pridham. They had seven children Edward ,May,Reginald, Dorothy, Audrey,Ken and Betty.
My father was Reg ( Cecil Reginald). He was married to Joy( Mona Joyce. I am the second of their four children. I was in contact with my grandparents via my parents till their dieing day. I am still in contact with several of my cousins and Uncle Ken's wife is still alive whom I'm also in contact with and their daughter. Which of these seven children is your husbands parent. I have an idea whom it might be. There is quite a lot of info on the website ancestry.co.uk of our family.
Hope this helps.

Offline Twells2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Monday 05 March 18 20:21 GMT (UK) »
Hope this helps.
Was your husband's father b 1920 Tavistock with a sister 2 years later in Devonport?

Pauline

Offline Twells2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday 05 March 18 20:22 GMT (UK) »
Hope this helps.

Offline Twells2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Monday 05 March 18 20:27 GMT (UK) »
Hope this helps.