Author Topic: Social Insurance #'s / tracking an individual from a Federal gov't perspective  (Read 1249 times)

Offline eileenwilson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
These are all good, Run Kitty ... seems she may have been with a couple of different men after she left her husband.  Son James Leslie was baptized in Montreal in 1911, and his father didn't appear at the baptism.

Offline eileenwilson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Social Insurance #'s / tracking an individual from a Federal gov't perspective
« Reply #10 on: Monday 26 June 17 02:04 BST (UK) »
1911 Census has Theresa Hennessey still living at home.  They were married on the 2nd of July and Leslie was born on the 3rd.

Offline br1937

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Social Insurance #'s / tracking an individual from a Federal gov't perspective
« Reply #11 on: Monday 26 June 17 03:13 BST (UK) »
Wow,
Some amazing new finds here...the 1921 Census with Patrick O'Grady being married to a Theresa and with a son-in law of James Brady...all too coincidental not to be them in my eyes

The corresponding info of Patrick O'Grady (family) being at 5 Angus Place (plus a Findlay) and then later William Findlay also being at this address is compelling.

Theresa Brady and James Leslie Brady (my grandfather) were 100% with William Findlay in 1936 at 560 Wellington Street (at Bathurst)....as per marriage certificate of James Brady. The tie in to the earlier address and Patrick O'Grady is new information.

Theresa Hennessy Brady - came to Toronto when her son was about 3-4 yrs old (so 1915 or so)...thus a lot of time between then and 1936 (ie. 1936 being when her details are known absolutely)

Finding she may have married a Patrick O'Grady prior to 1921 is connecting another dot hopefully...

Albeit just like with William Findlay...hopefully one day can confirm if one or both are actual marriages as opposed to common law situations...

And of course the ultimate...when did my great grandmother die and where is she buried???

Like I'm sure many of us learn the hard way...if I had only asked my father when he was alive!!

Thanks so much for the help so far..
Michael

Brady, Hennessy, Dolan, Brennan, Cramer, Miller, Maier, Bisceglia