Author Topic: Llanbeblig MIs Evans 8 Pool Side  (Read 1139 times)

Offline Gwil

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Llanbeblig MIs Evans 8 Pool Side
« on: Tuesday 27 June 17 11:22 BST (UK) »
Utilising Keith's excellent Carnarvon Traders site I have found four family members from 8 Pool Side in the Llanbeblig burial book(s)   http://www.carnarvontraders.com/burials.shtml
namely
Mary Evans 4 1 1921 aged 66
William Evans 23 1 1917 aged 68
Elias Evans 15 4 1910  aged 22
David Evans 28 8 1893 aged 3

In the 1911 Census William & Mary are said to have had 15 children, 7 of whom had died.

Piecing together known info & the combined census going back to 1881 I can name 12 of them.

One angle I'm looking at to account for all 15 is whether there exists a headstone which may provide some further information so, does anyone please have/have access to the Llanbeblig MIs to assist with this angle? (I'm a bit too far away from the archives to go and do a look up)

Other addresses are 15 Pool Side (1891 census) and 13 Spring Place (1881 census)

Note 1: There are possibles in the burial book but not conclusives e g Jannet Evans, Spring Place (no number) 23 2 1881 aged 4 months

Note 2: Two sons Eliseus and Robert are known to have been killed in WW1, on the same day, same battlion, same battle. The town cenotaph has these two names but indicates a 3rd brother Evan. This Evan is proving to be a bit difficult to identify as from this family. I would have expected his name on at least one of the census.  Currently I'm leaning towards the cenotaph inscription being in error i.e naming all three as brothers. He is the only one Evan Evans on the cenotaph and there is Evan Evans from 54 Pool Hill who is a casualty but who is documented (and in newspaper reports) as from another family. N W Chronicle of 2nd October 1919 reports a 'public reception' at Caernarfon for overseas troop etc. Private wreaths were laid at the cenotaph including one for 'Eliseus and Robert Evans'

Note 3: I'm aware of the History Points website entry for the cenotaph   http://historypoints.org/index.php?page=caernarfon-cenotaph-fww-a-j
This site gives the correct details for Eliseus but incorrect details for his brother Robert. It gives the details for the Evan Evans from Caernarfon I mentioned above but sadly does not account for how he is one of the brothers.

I have included these notes to try and head off some uneccesary searching by rootchat members. The main thrust of my post is to determine if headstone data exists for the family.  Obviously , if someone has conclusive info linking a casualty Evan Evans to this family I'd welcome it with open arms.

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: Llanbeblig MIs Evans 8 Pool Side
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 27 June 17 11:38 BST (UK) »
Not what you are asking but as they were pre 1911 have you tried finding the births on the new gro index which gives mothers maiden names prior to 1916
https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/Login.asp

Rosie
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Gwil

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Llanbeblig MIs Evans 8 Pool Side
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 27 June 17 12:01 BST (UK) »
Thanks Rosie. That site is a new one to me. I'll register and have a play around.