Author Topic: Brewster  (Read 1577 times)

Offline Fuzzyken

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Brewster
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 29 June 17 03:10 BST (UK) »
Very many thanks to all on this matter of my family ancestors.
Jabez is my grandfather and his son born 1919 is my father and they did in fact go to the States in 1930 but returned 2 years later. Jabez was a cabinet maker and accepted a job in New Rochelle, Long Island to assist in the building of a sea going yacht.
Eleanor Brewster was not spoken about by my family and since anyone with information died many years ago there is no one left to ask.
Eleanor's sister Ernestine is well documented right through to her death in 1927 but interestingly her death certificate shows an E. Mills, sister as the informant. They had a sister named Elizabeth and I wonder whether she may have married a Mills or indeed whether Eleanor did but my research on this so far has proved inconclusive in part due to the commonness of the Mills surname.
Thanks again to all and look forward to anything further that comes to light
Fuzzyken

Offline maddys52

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 29 June 17 03:54 BST (UK) »
Searching for a marriage between an "E BREWSTER" and MILLS between 1885 and 1920 reveals only 1 - registered at Sudbury in Dec qtr 1910, with Ellen BREWSTER and Henry MILLS on the same page. A possibility for Eleanor? If you have access to the 1911 census or 1939 register (I don't at this stage) you may be able to get a better idea, before possibly ordering the certificate?

Offline Fuzzyken

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 29 June 17 13:43 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone
Jabez and Lucy appear on the 1939 listing but inconclusive on Mills as is the 1911 census.
I found a death registered in 1961 for an Eleanor Mills age 87 so might order the certificate.
Looks like a lot more digging to do.
Does anyone have any clues on Abraham who died in 1811 in Pentlow like his age and where he came from.
I understand that none of the Cavendish and Glemsford registers are available on line from the Suffolk record office and since I live more than 6000 miles away it is not possible for me to visit
Bury St. Edmunds where these particular registers are kept.
Thanks to all
Fuzzyken

Offline Dyingout

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Father Charles in his hockey playing days
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 29 June 17 14:46 BST (UK) »
There is this one
Ellen G Mills
Birth Date:   1876
Age at Death:   82