Author Topic: ELOY ALERS ALERS / AGUADA, PUERTO RICO  (Read 561 times)

Offline Kelger

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
ELOY ALERS ALERS / AGUADA, PUERTO RICO
« on: Wednesday 28 June 17 16:16 BST (UK) »
Hello all,
I am looking for further information on the parents of my great-grandfather Eloy Alers Alers. He was born in Aguada, PR circa 1885. I know his parents were Juaquin Alers Duprey (b. circa 1850 - d. circa 1920) and Antonia Alers Servera (Cervera) (b. circa 1851 - 1941) and they had 7-9 children.  This is where the trail goes cold. From family stories, we believe that either Eloy, his father or both, worked in Santo Domingo. I have a passport application for Eloy and his wife returning to Puerto Rico from DR that seems to confirm the stories. I do not know how to proceed as the files are most likely in Spanish records because the American records did not start until 1898/1899.
Can anyone tell me where to look from this point?  Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Kelly

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: ELOY ALERS ALERS / AGUADA, PUERTO RICO
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 29 June 17 11:49 BST (UK) »
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline ssata2001

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 29 November 23 19:41 GMT (UK) »
My partners great grandfathers name is also Eloy Alers and great grandmother was Juana Caro. I believe that Eloy was from the Aguascalientes or Aguadilla area of Puerto Rico. Still doing research ourselves. Feel free to reach out.

Offline ssata2001

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 29 November 23 19:42 GMT (UK) »
That was Aguada or Aguadilla.