Author Topic: John Thomas and sons near Horeb  (Read 875 times)

Offline roycymru

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
John Thomas and sons near Horeb
« on: Thursday 29 June 17 13:47 BST (UK) »
Hello

I am hoping those with better skills than I can help.

I am looking for John Thomas and potential sons John and Thomas in the 1861 census. Unfortunately I do not know the age of John or his place of both (though it is likely to be Llannon or Llanarthney). Residence and occupation I have for him is "Near Horeb Llanelly", a Coal Hewer in 1857 and 1858. He was at this address in 1857 for birth of son Thomas  and death of his wife Mary (possibly nee Davies) in 1858. There is also another possible child John born 1855 but I have no other information on him.

It is likely that he may have married again quickly if he had young children to support

To my knowledge Horeb is in the Five Roads area on the outskirts of Llanelly, so even if someone could just direct me to census entries for the Five Roads area I can then search around more.

Kind regards

Roy

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: John Thomas and sons near Horeb
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 29 June 17 22:06 BST (UK) »
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline roycymru

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Thomas and sons near Horeb
« Reply #2 on: Friday 30 June 17 12:58 BST (UK) »
Thanks for this. I don't think they would have been in one of the affected districts but can't be 100% sure. Have discovered in the interim that Thomas is not his son. Therefore looking for John the father and John the son

Regards