Author Topic: Problem with Firefox 54 and Trusteer Rapport  (Read 3130 times)

Offline doddsie4

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Problem with Firefox 54 and Trusteer Rapport
« on: Friday 30 June 17 07:38 BST (UK) »
       When I go to Programs and click on Trusteer Endpoint Protection it says that it is already running, and yet I don't get the Rapport System Icon at the top of the screen.       On checking out why this might be, it seems that Firefox 54 is currently not supported by Trusteer Rapport.

So, why is it that when I go to Programs and click on Trusteer, it says it is already running?
If it is running where is the green arrow at the top of each site I bring up?

Trusteer says: "This  (the problen with  Firefox 54)is currently being investigated by our company and we expect it to be resolved in a future release of Rapport."    But then it says it doesn't have a time frame for the resolution, and it suggests that Explorer or Chrome can be used for Online Banking.

I like Firefox but it looks as if I will have to switch to Chrome because of this.      But it is still strange that my computer says Trusteer Endpoint Protection is running.       So if it running and working where is the green icon.

Puzzled about what to do now!?

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Problem with Firefox 54 and Trusteer Rapport
« Reply #1 on: Friday 30 June 17 10:21 BST (UK) »
New FF Update available today...
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline doddsie4

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 30 June 17 19:25 BST (UK) »
        I am now thinking of switching over to Edge browser instead of keeping on with Firefox.     Is anyone using Edge.       Is it allowing Trusteer Rapport?         If Edge is hopeless, I will reluctantly go for Chrome.       Firefox is letting its customers down.

Offline Mcd73165

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 13 July 17 04:18 BST (UK) »
Trusteer Rapport was updated today (7/12/17) and is partially working on Firefox 54.0.1. The icon is small and only partially showing and the console won't open when the icon is clicked on. The icon will turn green when a protected site is accessed. It works normally on Internet Explorer 11.0.
Mark

Offline doddsie4

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 13 July 17 07:40 BST (UK) »
         I switched to Chrome and although the icon up in the right hand corner is small, it is clearly visible and it is reassuring to see it there.       That is what I wanted from Firefox and I wasn't getting it last month.        I still think Firefox are letting their users down.         

Offline doddsie4

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 25 November 17 15:02 GMT (UK) »
Having trouble with Trusteer Rapport again.    I have been on Chrome for a while with no problems until today.      When I look up the console it says it is working but there is no green icon at the top right of any of the site pages.       Help.