Author Topic: Alexander Coombs died at sea September 1937 off Hawaii.  (Read 599 times)

Offline Maddyjames

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Alexander Coombs died at sea September 1937 off Hawaii.
« on: Friday 30 June 17 09:29 BST (UK) »
Hi I am looking for Alexander Coombs  he died at sea on September 1937 . We are understanding that it was just off Hawaii. Alexander was just 20 years old . Not sure if his birth was 1916or 1917.  I am trying to find out where he was buried as my mam would. Love to visit his resting place . Alexander might of been know as Alexander Murray as that was his stepfather name.

Offline Lisa in California

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Alexander Coombs died at sea September 1937 off Hawaii.
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 16 July 17 01:15 BST (UK) »
Hi Maddyjames, welcome to RootsChat.

Have you found out your answer yet?  If not, would you be able to share a little more information about Alexander, please?  If you would prefer to do so, privately, I believe you need to post two more times before you can send a private message to another RootsChatter.  I prefer not to share my own ancestors'/relatives' details from the 1900s, so I understand if you would also prefer to keep some things private.

I have not yet found anything for Alexander, and I am wondering where he was born, please, where he last lived, if he was on a ship crew at the time of his passing, etc.  Any little bits of information that you might be able to share could help us in the search.  Thank you, Lisa
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)