Author Topic: Hofield? Salop 1742  (Read 297 times)

Offline queenswood 1

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Hofield? Salop 1742
« on: Friday 30 June 17 11:38 BST (UK) »
I am reading the will of Robert smith of Cheshire 1742 in which he refers to his kinsman Thomas smith of Hofield Salop.

It looks like Hofield but I cannot think where else it may be!
Also- what would be classified as a kinsman? Would that be a cousin maybe?

Any suggestions at all as to where 'Hofield salop' may have been- or guidance on the tern kinsman in 1742 would be much appreciated!

Many thanks

Caroline
Roots/Day/Atkins - (Essex/Suffolk/ London)Bourne/Milner/Corden-(Staffs/Shrops/Cheshire)
Wood/Gibbs/Battrick/Fall/Budden-(Dorset)

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline ScobieDrom

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Hofield? Salop 1742
« Reply #1 on: Friday 30 June 17 17:05 BST (UK) »
Could it be Worfield?  Near Bridgnorth,  Shropshire.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline queenswood 1

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Hofield? Salop 1742
« Reply #2 on: Friday 30 June 17 17:12 BST (UK) »
Thank you- that was the closest I could find too but it seemed quite a way from everything else- but thought it worth the asking!
Many thanks

Caroline
Roots/Day/Atkins - (Essex/Suffolk/ London)Bourne/Milner/Corden-(Staffs/Shrops/Cheshire)
Wood/Gibbs/Battrick/Fall/Budden-(Dorset)